What's new

Some Treasures are Found and Some Treasures are Lost

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2009
Messages
1,558
Reaction score
311
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
On Monday morning I lost my father. He was 53 years old and put up one hell of a fight for 4 years against lymphoma. Tonite we closed the casket with family and friends and tomorrow we will bury him next to his father in the family cemetary on our farm. It has been a tough few days but then again its been a long hard road for him and I m sure he is in a better place.
Here are a few more recent pictures of him doing what he loved more than anything, hunting and fishing.

He is very ill even in these pics
One of a baby flathead catfish A throwback he said
And the small 8 pointer he bagged last year it was his last buck.
He has taken more large deer and bear than most people on earth.

His best 2 bucks are a typical BC 184 3/8 after deductions and a BC Non typical( i dont recall the exaact score but the buck has 27 scorable points)
ANd 2 BC black bears both taken with the bow.

I love you Dad and miss you.
 

Attachments

  • 28463_1206865831215_1815775696_391351_2331446_n.webp
    28463_1206865831215_1815775696_391351_2331446_n.webp
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,832
  • 40454_1251200179546_1815775696_489602_2750635_n.webp
    40454_1251200179546_1815775696_489602_2750635_n.webp
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,827
  • 265712_1629780043806_1815775696_1021428_5519015_o.webp
    265712_1629780043806_1815775696_1021428_5519015_o.webp
    383.7 KB · Views: 1,824
Upvote 0
Thoughts and prayers to you my brother... even tho i dont know you i feel your pain, i lost my mom this may 10th to lung cancer.... your father looks like a true AMERICAN, huntin/fishin fool...be proud of him!!! I bet this season he guides a BIG A$$ buck your way... being a true sportsmen has a way of coming round and passing on... ALWAYS cherish the good times bro.. an if you have kids or plan to, pass it forward the things your dad passed to you, that is how we keep em alive!! I taught both my boys how to make nannies biscuits a couple weeks ago... i know she was watching and helpin... Bless you buddy!!!
 
Sorry for your loss. Also lost my dad in 2000....57 yrs. young. God Bless. Hogge
 
I lost my dive buddy in 2005, I know the feeling. one our father and one hail mary prayers sent for you and your loved ones. we used to fish and scuba dive off our 1964 owens cabin cruiser, the best of times.
 
Wow, seems like too many lost love ones recently. I'm right there with you guys - I lost my Dad 3 weeks ago. The memories and the love will always be there. My condolences to you all.
 
I wanted to tell you that I sympathize with you.
Also, I tried to decide what else to tell my story.

I'm 48. Two years ago I was having a few problems. The Doc told me I have Type II Folicular Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. So what the hell is that, I thought. He told me, "you could live eight years." Well... that was two years ago. I hate the math. Oh, yes. They also tell me it's incurable.


But at least I have support. ::) My wife says I'm just being negative when I talk about it. :BangHead:
 
Theakiki said:
I wanted to tell you that I sympathize with you.
Also, I tried to decide what else to tell my story.

I'm 48. Two years ago I was having a few problems. The Doc told me I have Type II Folicular Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. So what the hell is that, I thought. He told me, "you could live eight years." Well... that was two years ago. I hate the math. Oh, yes. They also tell me it's incurable.


But at least I have support. ::) My wife says I'm just being negative when I talk about it. :BangHead:


Thats bad news to get my friend. My father had Hodgkins and they told him it was no sweat and it was the EASIEST to cure..... :dontknow:

But its good to talk about it gets it off your chest. Also if you have kids spend every minute you can with them!! :headbang:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom