What's new

Some Treasures are Found and Some Treasures are Lost

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2009
Messages
1,558
Reaction score
311
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
On Monday morning I lost my father. He was 53 years old and put up one hell of a fight for 4 years against lymphoma. Tonite we closed the casket with family and friends and tomorrow we will bury him next to his father in the family cemetary on our farm. It has been a tough few days but then again its been a long hard road for him and I m sure he is in a better place.
Here are a few more recent pictures of him doing what he loved more than anything, hunting and fishing.

He is very ill even in these pics
One of a baby flathead catfish A throwback he said
And the small 8 pointer he bagged last year it was his last buck.
He has taken more large deer and bear than most people on earth.

His best 2 bucks are a typical BC 184 3/8 after deductions and a BC Non typical( i dont recall the exaact score but the buck has 27 scorable points)
ANd 2 BC black bears both taken with the bow.

I love you Dad and miss you.
 

Attachments

  • 28463_1206865831215_1815775696_391351_2331446_n.webp
    28463_1206865831215_1815775696_391351_2331446_n.webp
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,832
  • 40454_1251200179546_1815775696_489602_2750635_n.webp
    40454_1251200179546_1815775696_489602_2750635_n.webp
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,827
  • 265712_1629780043806_1815775696_1021428_5519015_o.webp
    265712_1629780043806_1815775696_1021428_5519015_o.webp
    383.7 KB · Views: 1,824
Upvote 0
Sorry to hear of your loss, God Bless your father. My condolences to you and your family.

TommNJ
 
So very sorry for your loss James. I know how devastating your pain must be. Thank you for sharing the photos. I can see in his eyes a very special man I would like to have known. I know it's cliche' , but time really will heal the pain , and all who knew him are the better for it. God bless your Dad , you , and yours.
 
Thank you all for your kind words
 
i lost my dad in 89 from lung cancer then my step dad last nov to non hodgkins lymphoma still think of them all the time. sorry to hear about your loss
 
Those pictures are true treasures James. I lost my son to suicide a few years ago and my pictures and memories are more valuable than Ft. Knox. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
 
I'm sorry for your loss. May he rest in peace
 
I'm 53 years old and my son and I just planned a fishing trip for next week today. May God's grace and peace be with you during this time. I lost my Dad 11 years ago.
 
So sorry to hear about your loss,I am a survivor of lymphoma and know first hand the battle that he must have gone through. My fight was many years ago and I dont think I could do it again nor do I think I would have even survived had I been older at the time.Im sure he gave it everything he had. I feel that death is terrible for the living but a wonderful place to be for those that pass on,I think if everyone knew how great it is there we would all be jumping off bridges to get there. Just keep putting one foot in front of the other and you will be walking then running again in no time.
 
As others have said, it's so hard to put certain things into words. Memories are the one of life's things that last. My condolences. I bet the big guy up stairs has some killer spots to hunt and fish!
 
Very sorry to hear about your father James, 53 is way too young.
 
so sorry James to hear this.may GOD bless you and your family.
 
James, I am back from Hawaii and burying my Grandfather too. Somehow it made it just alittle bit easier that we were both going through it together and the funerals for your father and my grandfather were on the same day.....I know I've already told you, but I want to tell you again, I'm very sorry for your loss. I know you and I texted each other very regularly that day and were experiencing everything at roughly the same time which made everything just alittle bit easier for me and hopefully you too. Now that I am home I just wanted to tell you one last time, thanks my friend. Your dad would've been proud at the way you handled everything.
 
My condolences to You and your Family. I can't comprehend the pain that you and your family are going through. God bless .
 
I'm so very sorry to hear that. My father was an diehard hunter/fisherman as well. He passed at 58 from cancer. He still beat thru the bush when he was sick too. Grizzl'd old men they are. Gotta love their drive and spirit.
Keep your head up pal.
 
Thanks for sharing with us James. Sorry to hear about your dad.
 
You are very lucky having such a great role model as your dad. My dad wasn't much of a hunter but he did like to squirrel hunt and he and his old army buddy always went quail hunting on Thanksgiving Day until they both got too old. They usually got enough birds for a really nice Thanksgiving dinner too. Until I was a teenager I though a traditional Thanksgiving dinner was bobwhite quail! I miss my dad as I am sure you will miss yours, but we will always have the memories to keep us company. Monty
 
Hey Bud,
Sorry to hear about your Pa.
I have many fond memories of hunting and fishing and sitting around the fire with my Dad too.
He has been gone going on 14 years now.It gets better but never goes away completely.
Hang on to the good times and be glad for what you had.
Best wishes.
Jim
 
I'm very sorry about your loss James. I can see that you were blessed to have this man as a father and know you will cherish him forever.
Keith
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom