What's new

Some Treasures are Found and Some Treasures are Lost

jamesbibb

Bronze Member
Joined
Sep 11, 2009
Messages
1,558
Reaction score
311
Golden Thread
0
Location
Central Va
Detector(s) used
T2SE
DFX
XLT
GPX
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
On Monday morning I lost my father. He was 53 years old and put up one hell of a fight for 4 years against lymphoma. Tonite we closed the casket with family and friends and tomorrow we will bury him next to his father in the family cemetary on our farm. It has been a tough few days but then again its been a long hard road for him and I m sure he is in a better place.
Here are a few more recent pictures of him doing what he loved more than anything, hunting and fishing.

He is very ill even in these pics
One of a baby flathead catfish A throwback he said
And the small 8 pointer he bagged last year it was his last buck.
He has taken more large deer and bear than most people on earth.

His best 2 bucks are a typical BC 184 3/8 after deductions and a BC Non typical( i dont recall the exaact score but the buck has 27 scorable points)
ANd 2 BC black bears both taken with the bow.

I love you Dad and miss you.
 

Attachments

  • 28463_1206865831215_1815775696_391351_2331446_n.webp
    28463_1206865831215_1815775696_391351_2331446_n.webp
    78.8 KB · Views: 1,832
  • 40454_1251200179546_1815775696_489602_2750635_n.webp
    40454_1251200179546_1815775696_489602_2750635_n.webp
    89.2 KB · Views: 1,827
  • 265712_1629780043806_1815775696_1021428_5519015_o.webp
    265712_1629780043806_1815775696_1021428_5519015_o.webp
    383.7 KB · Views: 1,824
Upvote 0
looks like some good times :thumbsup:
 
My Condolences to you and your family.
I know this time can be very difficult, but rest assured ( from one son to another) He will always be with you.
Rejoice in the living memory you have of him.
Best regards,
Scott
 
Tough to ever have the right words. Cherish those memories, sounds like your dad was a better than average sportsman. Most hunters will never lay their eyes on bucks of that caliber. Thoughts are with you now and in the future James.
 
my condolences to You and your Family.
Dad will always be with you...
 
Thanks everyone
 
James,
I'm so sorry to hear about your father. He looks like great guy to hang out with.
I miss those days fishing with my Dad too. He passed 4 years ago. I know your pain.
Your Dad will always be with you believe me.
Thanks for the post and pictures,
Doug
 
Myself and my PawPaw have been fighting Cancer since 06! we were told Two weeks apart and went through everything together.
Prayers and faith have got us through over the years, please accept mine and know that having seen what I have while dieing during a Twelve hour surgery, that it is the most peaceful and Beautiful thing I have ever felt or seen :angel11:
 
I'm very sorry to hear about your loss James

May the good Lord comfort you and family during these difficult times. Bill
 
sorry to hear about your dads passing james. wishing you and your family the best. god bless
 
James, Having lost my father 12 years ago to lymphoma, I can sympathize completely, its hard on everyone involved. It's hard to say anything to help ease some of the hurt... Just knowing that he is no longer hurting and suffering and that someday you will see him again, should help some.

Keep your chin up and reflect on all the good times. And also know that your being close with him helped him during his stuggles.

You and your family are in my thoughts & prayers.
 
James,

I'm sorry to hear about the passing of your father. :angel7:

My condolences to you and your family.

Dave
 
Sorry to hear about your loss, just stay strong and cherish all the good times you had together.
 
God Bless his Soul and your pop sure had some good times ! As he was he will always be Treasured in your memory . Hang in there jb and Family CMD
 
Take care james.

I lost my dad this yr also 56 yrs old. I also lost my sister basically to 19 yrs old. Been a tough yr for myself. I just try and keep busy. Seems to be the best thing. I haven't done much hunting as of lately. The worst thing for me is I didn't get to say good bye to either one of them. Matter of fact I had a arguement with my dad the last day he was alive. I miss them both and hope to see them again one day.

Jeremy
 
So sorry to hear about your Dad, James. I know you'll treasure all those good memories. Prayers for you and the family. :)

Nana
 
Very sorry for your loss, James! I'm certain that he passed his good qualities and talents down to you......
- Grizz
 
My sincerest condolences, it's a real tragedy to lose a father/mentor/best friend. :'(
 
So sorry to hear of your loss...sounds like an extraordinary man.....unfortunaletly there are not many like him left.....my prayers and thoughts are with you and your family.....hope you remember all of the good times and remember you will see him again one day......
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom