What's new

Something made of metal

mastereagle22

Silver Member
Joined
May 15, 2007
Messages
4,916
Reaction score
31
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Found this item and I'm not sure what it is. On the ends it has what looks like either CG or C6. On the back there are several items, a number, some letters that I can only make out ?EE ?SE Then on the side it has ??G IJ (U) ? Y?

I can't really make it out. Anyone have any ideas on this one??
 

Attachments

  • cg.webp
    cg.webp
    5.8 KB · Views: 640
  • ee.webp
    ee.webp
    7.4 KB · Views: 632
  • back.webp
    back.webp
    11.4 KB · Views: 628
  • numbers.webp
    numbers.webp
    9.2 KB · Views: 612
  • dk.webp
    dk.webp
    5.8 KB · Views: 620
mastereagle22 said:
Found this item and I'm not sure what it is. On the ends it has what looks like either CG or C6. On the back there are several items, a number, some letters that I can only make out ?EE ?SE Then on the side it has ??G IJ (U) ? Y?

I can't really make it out. Anyone have any ideas on this one??
I think it says DEPOSE the French word for patent. Looks like patent no. 63298. old post.
 
Upvote 0
The first two replies nailed it. It's one or the other, but certainly clothing related. I have several of this style, and they are in with my suspender clip case.

-Buckles
 
Upvote 0
Hey AA. Haven't seen you in a long time!!!!! Hope all is well!! :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
If anyone knows how to search French patents, we will have a more positive ID. Im sure Bramblefind and maybe a few others could do it. :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
I think this type dates in the 1880s or so. Most if not all I've found of that kind have been at post civil war house sites.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

  • Question Question
🔎 UNIDENTIFIED Spur ID
Replies
8
Views
752
Replies
12
Views
1K

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom