What's new

Something Musical?

jrsweger

Jr. Member
Joined
Jan 23, 2009
Messages
23
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
42.22°N 76.19°W
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 505 Pro
I found these in my yard a couple of weeks ago. They look like they could be some sort of whistle. The small round thing with the grooves came out of the bottom of one of the tubes. The other tube still has one. They look like they go into the piece that is standing up.
 

Attachments

  • Something Musical (2).webp
    Something Musical (2).webp
    36.9 KB · Views: 338
Help! Someone who knows how, please resize this monster! :wink: M :D nty
 
Upvote 0
Monty said:
Help! Someone who knows how, please resize this monster! :wink: M :D nty

Please... help me too. I tried shrinking it but to no avail........

Ah, I changed the image size, made it a little smaller.
 
Upvote 0
a further bit smaller:
 

Attachments

  • imusical.webp
    imusical.webp
    31.8 KB · Views: 343
Upvote 0
here's my try at resizing......NGE
 

Attachments

  • something musical.webp
    something musical.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 269
Upvote 0
maybe a pitch pipe pitch pipe.webp
 
Upvote 0
Ok, let's try again. I think this might be a better picture of what this looked like together. I also found something that could be similar while searching. I do believe it is a whistle. Now, was it a toy? Who may have made it? It doesn't appear to have any markings on it. It's 3.5 inches in length.
 

Attachments

  • Dual Whistle (2) small.webp
    Dual Whistle (2) small.webp
    12.2 KB · Views: 244
  • Dual Whistle.webp
    Dual Whistle.webp
    7.6 KB · Views: 182
Upvote 0
jrsweger said:
Ok, let's try again. I think this might be a better picture of what this looked like together. I also found something that could be similar while searching. I do believe it is a whistle. Now, was it a toy? Who may have made it? It doesn't appear to have any markings on it. It's 3.5 inches in length.
Can you post the link so we can read it please? Can you find any markings?
 
Upvote 0
bigcypresshunter said:
jrsweger said:
Ok, let's try again. I think this might be a better picture of what this looked like together. I also found something that could be similar while searching. I do believe it is a whistle. Now, was it a toy? Who may have made it? It doesn't appear to have any markings on it. It's 3.5 inches in length.
Can you post the link so we can read it please? Can you find any markings?
It is just a place selling one of these items... for $39.00

http://antique-showroom.com/bells_whistles.htm

No, I can't find any markings on it at all.
 
Upvote 0
I'm guessing two-tone dog whistle. Possibly used for training hunting dogs...

DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
DCMatt said:
I'm guessing two-tone dog whistle. Possibly used for training hunting dogs...

DCMatt

Or construction workers.... ::)
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom