Something new! Thats actually something old

ironhorse

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2009
East Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Hey hey diggers !
Another day out in the fields trying get some finds before the farmer comes rolling into the field with a big ole tractor and kind of ruins things for a few months lol.
Fantastic detecting day , nice and sunny with a nice cool breeze and it's too bad my five hour round trip driving didnt give me too much more but getting something you've never found before kind of makes up for that.
Hit a spot that has been kind in the past so it wasnt hard to make a choice on where to go. I made this great little find half through the hunt so it propelled me through the rest of the day.
Finding something new is always exciting and finding old silver makes it even better! Portugal 80 reis...its undated but is from 1786.
Super condition and probably one of my best finds this spring.
Farmers are out hot and heavy these days so the fields will soon be done...hoping for another hunt and something great from the ground!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230517-194749_Coinoscope.jpg
    Screenshot_20230517-194749_Coinoscope.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 80
  • 20230517_193855.jpg
    20230517_193855.jpg
    227.4 KB · Views: 48
  • 20230517_193950.jpg
    20230517_193950.jpg
    195.2 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 37

gwdigger

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2006
Ocean City, Md
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Now there's one I've never seen dug this side of the pond. I've found a 1765 Portugal copper 10 reis, know another guy who found a copper 20 reis from around 1820. Fantastic and I would be over the moon with that silver 80 reis find.

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey hey diggers !
Another day out in the fields trying get some finds before the farmer comes rolling into the field with a big ole tractor and kind of ruins things for a few months lol.
Fantastic detecting day , nice and sunny with a nice cool breeze and it's too bad my five hour round trip driving didnt give me too much more but getting something you've never found before kind of makes up for that.
Hit a spot that has been kind in the past so it wasnt hard to make a choice on where to go. I made this great little find half through the hunt so it propelled me through the rest of the day.
Finding something new is always exciting and finding old silver makes it even better! Portugal 80 reis...its undated but is from 1786.
Farmers are out hot and heavy these days so the fields will soon be done...hoping for another hunt and something great from the ground!
Congrats on the killer coin find!!! A coin like that keeps a guy going!!! Congrats!!!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Still when you get an awesome keeper that's truly different, it makes the trip well worth it. Congrats on the silver:headbang:

Digger RJ

Gold Member
Aug 24, 2017
SW Missouri/Oklahoma
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030; Minelab Equinox 800;
XP Deus 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey hey diggers !
Very Nice!!! Congrats!!!

eyemustdigtreasure

Silver Member
Mar 2, 2013
California
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug Pro
Tesoro Cibola
Nokta Pointer; Phillips SHS5200 phones
Nokta Macro SIMPLEX +
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hey hey diggers !
Awesome find!
Thanks for sharing!

Silvermonkey

Silver Member
Apr 24, 2013
Eastern Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
AT Pro, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What a great piece of old, old silver. I don't ever recall seeing one posted on T-Net. Big congrats!
It's funny how you can go from being bone tired to being super energized after making a dynamite find like this one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread