What's new

SoWeGa Stanfield Blade

kinchafoonee

Sr. Member
Joined
Apr 2, 2013
Messages
314
Reaction score
373
Golden Thread
0
Location
SoWeGa
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Personal find a couple of years ago. You can see it was resharpened while hafted. One side of blade is serrated.
 

Attachments

  • 001.webp
    001.webp
    21.4 KB · Views: 111
  • 002.webp
    002.webp
    19.9 KB · Views: 104
  • 022.webp
    022.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 113
  • 029.webp
    029.webp
    26.3 KB · Views: 104
  • 024.webp
    024.webp
    26 KB · Views: 113
  • 033.webp
    033.webp
    42.4 KB · Views: 100
  • 034.webp
    034.webp
    39.1 KB · Views: 112
  • DSC03800.webp
    DSC03800.webp
    157.9 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Upvote 0
VERY nice...you can see it FUNCTIONED.
 
I'll bet it made your day!

Ooh yea. Someone got there before me, walked the whole area and was still there when I got there. This was laying out fully exposed and he missed it. He walked all around it, so I walked the small areas in between where he walked. It was in between two sets of his tracks. I only had limited time to walk it as the lake was going up. The low area I had to walk through to get out there was below the knee when I got there. By the time I left it was almost up to my waist. I would have had to swim across if I had stayed any longer. I was out there one year with some friends and it came up and our canoe floated away and the strong wind blew it about 100 yards away. I had to wade out in chest deep water through the stumps to retrieve it, or we would have had to swim for it.
 
it is an excellent blade, the more i look at it the more i like it.
 
I love the color & banding. Excellent find. Nice job
 
That's a very nice knife there! Congratulations! :icon_thumleft:
 
Thanks old digger. it made my day that day!
 
You got some great looking artifacts. Wish more of that Georgia material would have made it up this far.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom