Spanish & KGC in the ozark mountains.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
Mdog I forgot that the rail road tracks ran by the rocks about fifty yards or so from them.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I believe it’s north east From the stones.

Thanks Orangeman. If the heading from the rocks to the cemetery were 85 degrees, I would tell you that the cemetery might be worth checking out and probably a Masonic inspired setup.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
There’s quite a bit that went on here that’s different. The rail road was a spur. It ran to a place about 1/2 mile from where the rocks are. And stopped turned around and went back. The carved maps I posted on here before are about 300 yards or so west of the stacked rocks.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
There’s quite a bit that went on here that’s different. The rail road was a spur. It ran to a place about 1/2 mile from where the rocks are. And stopped turned around and went back. The carved maps I posted on here before are about 300 yards or so west of the stacked rocks.

If you believe you have a cache site, right next to a rail spur, you don't have to have gold or silver mines in the area. Bullion could be moved to the area from somewhere else and shipped out of the accumulation place by rail. It sounds like you need to find a cache symbol and backtrack to find another. When you can confirm a cache site you can check the history of the railroad. I've seen a site that was within yards of a railroad, a major river and a highway. Multiple ways to move something quickly.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I’ve been researching the railroad I’ve not thought of something but you’ve made me think about who lived here then. I used to know a few folks that lived here when the rail road was going. They’ve all pasted on. They where kids and young adults when it was still running. It’s been close to a hundred years ago 97 years since it shut down. I’ve been told stories of the railroad and riding the train. Wished I was older when they still alive I would been asking them way to many questions I figure.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Mdog - What does a cache symbol look like?

Hi Miboje. I should have been more clear, sorry. A cache sign or symbol can look like anything as long as it leads you to a cache. So the only way you know that you have a cache symbol is if you recover the cache. However, if you're finding the type of symbols you read about on tnet, hearts, drill holes, triangles, etc., you have to hit the books and try to find out why somebody would create an organized setup using those symbols, at that spot. Most people don't get that far. It's more fun to look for signs in the field.
The site I mentioned above used the heart and I spent countless hours of research and interviews to come to the conclusion that the site could have been a cache site. But I still have no proof because I made no recovery and never will, because of where it's located.
From what Orangeman has posted, he has found carvings on stone that could indicate an organized effort to hide something. Now he has to find out the who, when and why of the location.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Miboje. I should have been more clear, sorry. A cache sign or symbol can look like anything as long as it leads you to a cache. So the only way you know that you have a cache symbol is if you recover the cache. However, if you're finding the type of symbols you read about on tnet, hearts, drill holes, triangles, etc., you have to hit the books and try to find out why somebody would create an organized setup using those symbols, at that spot. Most people don't get that far. It's more fun to look for signs in the field.
The site I mentioned above used the heart and I spent countless hours of research and interviews to come to the conclusion that the site could have been a cache site. But I still have no proof because I made no recovery and never will, because of where it's located.
From what Orangeman has posted, he has found carvings on stone that could indicate an organized effort to hide something. Now he has to find out the who, when and why of the location.

Well said, Mdog.

#/;0{>~

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
That’s the trick of it all mdog. The Who would help the most.

Was there any zinc mining done in your area? Maybe one of the guys who know mining can tell you if any gold or silver can be recovered from the zinc.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
There was a lot of zinc Ming a little north of here. And some copper a little to the north. There’s a lead out cropping some where down here. The old timers told me about it. They used to get it to make stuff with like bullets and weights.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I’ve heard about silver mining my whole life in this area. I’ve even seen a chunk of silver ore the size of a old tv sitting in a neighbors living room as a conversation piece.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
The old woman that had said her husband brought it home after taking a walk in the woods. It’s from here this area.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
I’ve heard about silver mining my whole life in this area. I’ve even seen a chunk of silver ore the size of a old tv sitting in a neighbors living room as a conversation piece.

Could this ore have come from somewhere else? Do you know if it was found close to a trail that passed through the county? Back in the 1800s a bunch of lead ore was found in a county south of where I live. There were no lead mines in the area, but about 150 miles away, there were lead mines. It seems that somebody was packing lead, overland, from the lead mines toward St. Louis.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions