Spanish & KGC in the ozark mountains.

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
There was a lot of zinc Ming a little north of here. And some copper a little to the north. There’s a lead out cropping some where down here. The old timers told me about it. They used to get it to make stuff with like bullets and weights.

Some of the tnet guys have told me that if you dig deep enough into a lead deposit, you might recover silver.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
Some of the tnet guys have told me that if you dig deep enough into a lead deposit, you might recover silver.
I was born into the lead mining area of SW MO.. TONS and TONS of Lead...(supplied a LOT of Bullets for the CW)...but never heard of ANY silver coming up. But, maybe it was never put into the history books..IDK I HAVE heard of tales of Silver from a little farther south than me where OM lives...

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014

They say you find lead then there’s silver to. I don’t know how that works or if it’s true or not. But I do understand that it’s hard to tell the difference between zinc and silver ore. Heard if you get it hot enough the zinc will but off a greenish smoke.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1512073243.862474.jpg was at this spot this morning it’s a dig site. Someone has moved huge rocks and dug a good ten feet deep. This is a big hole. And it was done a long time ago.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi Miboje. I should have been more clear, sorry. A cache sign or symbol can look like anything as long as it leads you to a cache. So the only way you know that you have a cache symbol is if you recover the cache. However, if you're finding the type of symbols you read about on tnet, hearts, drill holes, triangles, etc., you have to hit the books and try to find out why somebody would create an organized setup using those symbols, at that spot. Most people don't get that far. It's more fun to look for signs in the field.
The site I mentioned above used the heart and I spent countless hours of research and interviews to come to the conclusion that the site could have been a cache site. But I still have no proof because I made no recovery and never will, because of where it's located.
From what Orangeman has posted, he has found carvings on stone that could indicate an organized effort to hide something. Now he has to find out the who, when and why of the location.

Ah, yes..OK, I totally get what you mean now.
The research part sort of befuddles me, in all honesty. I know how to find who used to own a certain property, but beyond that I do not understand how I am going to find records that are going to tell me why someone would have buried a treasure at a certain place, and I am pretty certain there are no records here pertaining to groups, like the Spanish, that came here to do mining operations. This is where I get lost with the research part. On my one treasure trail, I do have a story that was passed down in my family from a Native American who told my great grandfather, but how would I find other "proof" outside of the signs and symbols that are there?

weekender

Feb 28, 2009
Arkansas-River Valley-Ft. Smith
Detector(s) used
Prism V
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
View attachment 1521635 was at this spot this morning it’s a dig site. Someone has moved huge rocks and dug a good ten feet deep. This is a big hole. And it was done a long time ago.

Orangeman,
Will you be able to reverse engineer your back to the
signs and symbols you have already found?
Would be interesting to see what you come up with.
-Weekender

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
This digging has no markers signs nothing to indicate dig here that I can find. It’s on a old farm that’s been here for a very long time. I know who settled the farm and I know his family. There’s many things on this place I know of this one no one knows what or why.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I don’t understand why there’s rocks the size of Volkswagens they moved to get down to where it’s at. There’s earth works below it. I think the old farmer was doing something here just don’t know what.

lairmo

Silver Member
Jan 1, 2009
SW MO
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro/ Fisher M-Scope 1280-X
I don’t understand why there’s rocks the size of Volkswagens they moved to get down to where it’s at. There’s earth works below it. I think the old farmer was doing something here just don’t know what.
It looks to me like a "test" hole. Hundreds of them up in this area due to the mining of Lead, Galena, etc.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
It might be. That’s the best thing I’ve heard about that hole so far.

miboje

Mar 21, 2016
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTA 1000 PowerMaster
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It might be. That’s the best thing I’ve heard about that hole so far.
Have you detected the area? Any artifacts could signal the purpose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Do you have more photos?

Parts of that photo look similar to my
“Targeted area” on the site, that was destroyed before Weekender and I got to the site, together.

The similarities make me think that it could have been collapsed deliberately and filled in, to conceal the entrance.

I am sure that is what was done on my mine shaft.
The big difference, in my humble opinion, is that someone in history, put a lot of work into reopening yours...

Fortunately, for me, Weekender made the discovery that gave us a new direction to explore, after that bluff collapsed. I’ll always wonder what is behind that collapsed area.

You, may actually make it all the way to the ore!!

Hopefully, most of the hard work is done.

#/;0{>~

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
This hole is on the valley floor high enough the the river don’t reach it. The mine or mines are supposed to be on a different mountain according to the stories pasted down through the years. I may have found one of the mines just haven’t had the time to get back to it. I think I know the general location of another about 2 miles away with in 500 yard area. And I do believe there’s another back filled one close. That one would be the promising one storage I bet it being back filled with dirt and not just covered.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
I’ll get more photos for you MIKEL I’ll go all the way around it. It’s pretty easy to get to.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
Have you detected the area? Any artifacts could signal the purpose.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Don’t have a metal detector might be able to borrow one soon though. He’s got a deep detector to. Need to try and do some trading with him.

PROSPECTORMIKEL

Silver Member
Mar 31, 2011
N/W ARKANSAS
Detector(s) used
FISHER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Hey Mdog. Silver and lead can travel together, but when they come together while molten, they form galena, which sets up in cubicle formation. If struck with a hammer, it will break apart. I have a 3/4 inch cube of galena that I chipped a corner from, to learn about the silver to lead ore ratios.

The man that separated them had everything that he needed, except for the reagent to reform the silver after dissolving the lead in acid! I have kept the solution in a watered down state for several years, to remind myself not to do it again.

If the ores come together as solids, the lead should sink to the bottom (specific density 11.34) and silver is slightly lighter (specific density 10.5).

I don’t know if they have ever travelled together in solid form in nature.
Probably never, would be my guess.

.#/;0{>~

mdog

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2011
Ah, yes..OK, I totally get what you mean now.
The research part sort of befuddles me, in all honesty. I know how to find who used to own a certain property, but beyond that I do not understand how I am going to find records that are going to tell me why someone would have buried a treasure at a certain place, and I am pretty certain there are no records here pertaining to groups, like the Spanish, that came here to do mining operations. This is where I get lost with the research part. On my one treasure trail, I do have a story that was passed down in my family from a Native American who told my great grandfather, but how would I find other "proof" outside of the signs and symbols that are there?

You might try to research what Native American tribes were in the area, when your grandfather was alive and then get in touch with a tribal historian. If the historian is willing to share information, they might be able to tell you if there are any legends about your mountain.

OP
OP
O

orangeman

Jan 15, 2014
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516580096.297664.jpg ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1516580114.695726.jpg any of y’all ever find rocks with some kind of mineral deposits. I knocked this off of a bigger rock. The dark colored was in the minute crack. I know dog has commented on finding rocks like this.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread