What's new

Spanish siilver, CW Button, Indian heads and Misc.

Merf

Silver Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2007
Messages
3,766
Reaction score
2,276
Golden Thread
0
Location
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro, Quest x10 idmaXx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greetings Swinging , sweating, dirt fishers.
I spent a couple of hot afternoons hunting a new spot in a new field.
The house showed on an 1870 platt map but not on one from 1892.
It took me a couple of tries and about two hours to find the iron pattern but it was well worth the effort.
When I found the 1820 2 real I fist thought it was a token. I brushed it off and saw the date and design.
Man what a rush---I never expected to find old Spanish silver here in Illinois.
The CW Eagle button, Indian heads, and Flat button were icing on the cake.
Thanks for looking and best luck to all, Merf
 

Attachments

  • Finds 6-24-08 012.webp
    Finds 6-24-08 012.webp
    123.4 KB · Views: 1,399
  • Finds 6-24-08 008.webp
    Finds 6-24-08 008.webp
    173.9 KB · Views: 1,380
  • Finds 6-24-08 010.webp
    Finds 6-24-08 010.webp
    179.3 KB · Views: 1,386
  • Finds 6-24-08 011.webp
    Finds 6-24-08 011.webp
    181.7 KB · Views: 1,400
  • Finds 6-24-08 001.webp
    Finds 6-24-08 001.webp
    156.6 KB · Views: 1,372
  • Finds 6-24-08 005.webp
    Finds 6-24-08 005.webp
    143.3 KB · Views: 1,362
  • Finds 6-24-08 006.webp
    Finds 6-24-08 006.webp
    121.5 KB · Views: 1,344
  • Finds 6-24-08 007.webp
    Finds 6-24-08 007.webp
    110.1 KB · Views: 1,348
  • Finds 6-24-08 016.webp
    Finds 6-24-08 016.webp
    108.5 KB · Views: 1,326
  • Finds 6-24-08 017.webp
    Finds 6-24-08 017.webp
    106.1 KB · Views: 1,327
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
I think they are likely correct about the sword hanger. I'd love to see a photo of the other side of it as well. It is brass, is it not?


That 1820 silver is EXCELLENT!


:thumbsup:



Thanks Buck :thumbsup: Here is a pic of the other side. It is brass.
 

Attachments

  • Finds 6-27-08.webp
    Finds 6-27-08.webp
    126.3 KB · Views: 591
Michiganne said:
Wow, Merf, Spanish silver! :icon_king: You just never know, do you? I can't imagine the thrill of finding that one.

You've inspired me to check out our local plat books again. It is challenging as the 1895 one I was recently browsing had no street names (is this typical?) making it difficult to figure out where everything was. We've only lived in this area 11 years and I don't know every road and lake just yet. :tongue3: But I did learn the locations of some former schools and churches.

Keep digging!




Anne----I forgot to mention that none of the old platt maps I use have street names either.
 
Thanks for the photo, Merf. Looks like a sword hanger to me. :thumbsup:
 
Wow, Merf. A 2 Reale. :o :o

That is awesome. Your great research led you to that find.

Major congrats. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you're still on Cloud 9!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan
 
Captn_SE said:
Wow, Merf. A 2 Reale. :o :o

That is awesome. Your great research led you to that find.

Major congrats. Thanks for sharing. I'm sure you're still on Cloud 9!

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan




Thanks Dan :thumbsup:---It was definitely a mood enhancer. ;D





Thanks Bardok :thumbsup:
 
Fantastic, Merf. You sure have had some great finds lately. Congrats! :thumbsup:
 
your digging some great stuff Merf :o congrats :thumbsup:
 
Thanks Mona Lisa :thumbsup:


Thanks Weasel :thumbsup:
 
Awsome finds Merf! Also, thanks for mentioning the historic plat map website. :icon_study:
 
kept1979 said:
Awsome finds Merf! Also, thanks for mentioning the historic plat map website. :icon_study:


Thanks Kept1979 :thumbsup:
 
MERF!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOODNESS! You're sure cleaning up your section of IL!!! Will ya just look at all those stunning finds!!! :wav: I KNOW you were one happy camper!! WoW! Many congrats! Keep 'em coming!!! :thumbsup:

Nana :wink:
 
Great finds! It looks like you found a lot of interesting brass too! I always love finding toe-taps and I have yet to find a pocket-knife. Congrats on the silver! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Nana40 said:
MERF!!!!!!!!!!!

OH MY GOODNESS! You're sure cleaning up your section of IL!!! Will ya just look at all those stunning finds!!! :wav: I KNOW you were one happy camper!! WoW! Many congrats! Keep 'em coming!!! :thumbsup:

Nana :wink:


Thanks Nana :thumbsup: I am having a lucky streak.





rtde3 said:
Great huntin' Merf! Congrats on all the Outstanding finds!



Thanks rtde3 :thumbsup:





diggergrl said:
Great finds! It looks like you found a lot of interesting brass too! I always love finding toe-taps and I have yet to find a pocket-knife. Congrats on the silver! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:




Thanks Diggergrl :thumbsup:




crazyjarhead said:
Your finds are awesome, Merf. WTG. Your homework really paid off :thumbsup:




Thanks CJH :thumbsup:--The old maps sure help.




The Buzzard King said:
More KILLER stuff as usual!
Nice going!




Thanks Buzzard King :thumbsup:
 
What a sweet coin Merf. Looks great - perfect date, no hole, nice color, etc. These are the kind of finds we live for. Enjoy. ;D

Bob
 
Mirage said:
What a sweet coin Merf. Looks great - perfect date, no hole, nice color, etc. These are the kind of finds we live for. Enjoy. ;D

Bob




Thanks Bob :thumbsup:---It was a thrill to find it.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom