What's new

Spanish Silver 1 Real Cob and button

PBR

Full Member
Joined
Nov 29, 2015
Messages
229
Reaction score
386
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Landed a new permission today very close to my French Colonial Site ive been hunting. The property was small and cluttered with stuff. Might say the owner of the land is a bit of a hoarder. Wasnt finding much at first and was starting to consider moving on. Glad i didnt...... In one area of the yard i get a nice signal, but didnt expect much. Out pops a 1 real spanish Phillip V cob. My first 1 real cob (all others ive dug have been halves from this area). Then not long afterwards i dug a small pre 1730 French colonial Marines button very close from where the cob was dug. Didnt find much else worth mentioning on this property, but i did find one hot spot. My buddy dug a nice 1875 CC seated dime today not far from where i dug the cob. Finished up the day drinking a few natty light tallboys and some coconut moonshine with the homeowner. Was a good day. Normally i clean my finds before taking pics and posting, but i figured you guys might want to see some dirty pics. :-) Cob weighs 2.0 grams. Someone must have clipped this joker and tried to pass the clipped part off for a half-real. UPDATE: Found out this morning that this isnt a 1R, but instead is an over-weight 1/2 Real, which is less common. Cool Beans!
 

Attachments

  • P5140001.webp
    P5140001.webp
    124.4 KB · Views: 187
  • P5140003.webp
    P5140003.webp
    151.4 KB · Views: 167
  • P5140005.webp
    P5140005.webp
    102.3 KB · Views: 183
  • P5140006.webp
    P5140006.webp
    133 KB · Views: 183
Last edited:
Upvote 48
This is what bothers me most about TNet. I keep seeing all these stories about guys finding MY bucket listers! Congrats!
 
Last edited:
Wow, you guys had a great day. Don't think I've ever had coconut shine! That's a new one for me.
 
I se the experts on the Cob forum are now calling this a half real?
 
This is what bothers me most about TNet. I keep seeing all these stories about guys finding MY bucket listers! Congrats!
Thanks Tommy. When i first started here at tnet i used to get so jealous of all the great east coast finds. Keep at it, the bucket listers will come.
Wow, you guys had a great day. Don't think I've ever had coconut shine! That's a new one for me.
THanks Bass. Ive had coconut and apple pie. The coconut was so smooth, couldnt even hardly taste the alchohol.
I se the experts on the Cob forum are now calling this a half real?
Yes sir! An overweight one, which is a bit unusual. When i first weighed it i thought it was a clipped 1 real. Last night i was looking at my other cobs and realized the fronts on all my Phillip 5 my halves were all the same. I remembered the halves had a diff design than all other denominations. I posted in the spanish cobs section to see what the experts had to say. Turns out mine is a 1/2R, but its overweight, which is a little rare, but not unheard of. cool stuff.
 

Attachments

  • P5150001.webp
    P5150001.webp
    236.3 KB · Views: 83
I miss seeing those little guys under my coil!
 
I miss seeing those little guys under my coil!
Me Too! I was on a roll for a while, but i think its been 5 months since i dug my last one.
 
Last edited:
Me Too! I was on a roll for a while, but i think its been 5 months since i dug my last one.

Have to go all the way back to Oct. 2009 for me!


http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...c-i-hit-colonial-sites-marc-got-hit-back.html

These only come off French sites, and in my area they are getting very thin, so I'm lucky to have found the ones I did. In general it's the type of coin a digger might never get over here, and I don't know of anyone who is anywhere near my 10. (think it's 10) So I don't really expect another, but Iron horse did snag one not last year, but the year before, so they are still out there.
 
Have to go all the way back to Oct. 2009 for me! http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/t...c-i-hit-colonial-sites-marc-got-hit-back.html These only come off French sites, and in my area they are getting very thin, so I'm lucky to have found the ones I did. In general it's the type of coin a digger might never get over here, and I don't know of anyone who is anywhere near my 10. (think it's 10) So I don't really expect another, but Iron horse did snag one not last year, but the year before, so they are still out there.
Thats a nice looking cob. I want one like that. Mine are all Charles II and Phillip V 1/2 R's. Yours looks like it could be a 2R. Im up to 9 cobs and 16 FCM Buttons. Our best site has petered out for the most part, and our new site isnt one we will be able too hunt often, not to mention its small and cluttered. Were going to have to find another good site to get the count up much higher, but im gaining on ya.!
 
Last edited:
Thats a nice looking cob. I want one like that. Mine are all Charles II and Phillip V 1/2 R's. Yours looks like it could be a 2R. Im up to 9 cobs and 16 FCM Buttons. Our best site has petered out for the most part, and our new site isnt one we will be able too hunt often, not to mention its small and cluttered. Were going to have to find another good site to get the count up much higher, but im gaining on ya.!


It's a 1 real, but definitely one of my favorite. I could also be at 9 cobs, would have to dig them out to be sure. So we might be close on those for a while, if I can pull up my rubber boots and get over another one or two... but like I said it's a tall order. As for the buttons you have a way to go as I must be in the 100 range. :)
 
It's a 1 real, but definitely one of my favorite. I could also be at 9 cobs, would have to dig them out to be sure. So we might be close on those for a while, if I can pull up my rubber boots and get over another one or two... but like I said it's a tall order. As for the buttons you have a way to go as I must be in the 100 range. :)
100 is a tall order for me...... Im going to have to find the tailors hut to compete with that :-).
 
100 is a tall order for me...... Im going to have to find the tailors hut to compete with that :-).


My best day for them was 18, including several of the larger size, which are pretty rare. They were surrounding a 12 pound marked French cannon ball I also dug. Was a pretty awesome day.
 
My best day for them was 18, including several of the larger size, which are pretty rare. They were surrounding a 12 pound marked French cannon ball I also dug. Was a pretty awesome day.
Damn... I think i had a couple 2 button days and maybe a 3 button day, but really not sure of that.
 
Last edited:
Congratz! You are tearing it up on the cobs! The CC is awesome too! That is probably the thing I want to find most right now!

Sorry that I'm just now posting, but you know I don't log on much, if at all, on the weekends.
 
Congratz! You are tearing it up on the cobs! The CC is awesome too! That is probably the thing I want to find most right now! Sorry that I'm just now posting, but you know I don't log on much, if at all, on the weekends.
Thanks Capt. I doubt i find another cob for a while, but i sure hope i do. The 1875 CC was a nice surprise. First time ive ever seen a CC dug around here. Wish i had dug it. Seeing Basher dig one gives me hope.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom