Spanish Silver in the Mail!!!

romeo-1

Gold Member
Jul 29, 2005
Romeotopia
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I commented to a couple fellow detectorists recently when I visited their fair Prince Edward Island that I would like to find a one or two reale so that I could have a bezel made and wear it around my neck...sort of a metal detecting talisman. Less than a couple weeks after coming back from the Island I found a 1 reale and did just that! http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,99296.0.html

I commissioned another fellow detetorist to create the bezel. My only instructions were that I would like the pillars to be the front but that I would also like to be able to read the date. He made just what I wanted! It arrived in the mail today. I also commissioned a bulky 925 chain to keep the pendant where it belongs...around my neck!

Attachments

• realebezel1 003.jpg
    realebezel1 003.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 474
  • realebezel1 005.jpg
    realebezel1 005.jpg
    119.5 KB · Views: 467
Upvote 0
8) That's beautiful, Romeo!

Romeo...whoever made that did an AWESOME job!!!!!!! NIce coin and the setting really shows it off. I am thrilled to have found my first 1/2 reale today, now gotta work on finding one in better shape and then on getting a 1 reale, 2 reale and an 8 reale...gotta dream a little... ;D

Beautiful piece Romeo.....Between the both of you I'd say you got it just right.Thank's for sharing and HH!!

Mirage said:
Very cool. You found that coin?...very sweet. I'm not much on wearing jewelry but that would be tempting to wear! :)

Bob

Yep...found it a few weeks ago!

Mainedigger said:
Romeo...whoever made that did an AWESOME job!!!!!!! NIce coin and the setting really shows it off. I am thrilled to have found my first 1/2 reale today, now gotta work on finding one in better shape and then on getting a 1 reale, 2 reale and an 8 reale...gotta dream a little... ;D

I have a 1 reale and an 8 reale so I need the half, 2 and 4 reale. Do you have a 4 reale? Up here that one is the hardest to find!

that's grerat dude !!! i've got the same chain, and a gold one,, just waiting patiently for a "gadzooks" find to put on either...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back