What's new

Spent a whole day hunting, silver and gold!

Jack(IN)

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 20, 2007
Messages
2,197
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer XS-2, Garrett Ace 250
Decided to spend a day detecting instead of an hour here and there. Packed the truck, left Early in the AM, spent 18 Bucks on gas and headed out for my destination. Love a Big city, but looking to hit the places you don't want to go alone. I only used my Ace 250, hunting tot lots and Parks. Found a total of 328 coins and four good rings and lots of junk!! Break down is

1 Prez Dollar
44 Quarters
60 Dimes
36 Nickels
184 Memorial Cents
1 Wheat Cent
1 Canada Quarter
1 Foreign coin

I also found 2 gold rings(both 10K) that were bent, but I'll take them. I found two silver rings, one broken, the other gold plated!

I have three pics, first one are the rings, second one is coins, and third are other non junk finds!~
 

Attachments

  • 517 001.webp
    517 001.webp
    58.1 KB · Views: 801
  • 517 002.webp
    517 002.webp
    138.2 KB · Views: 795
  • 517 003.webp
    517 003.webp
    131.1 KB · Views: 787
Upvote 0
Sounds like you had a really productive day! Nice job on getting the silver and especially the gold! :thumbsup:
 
Oodles of good stuff Jack. Congrats. :headbang:
 
Great finds, other than the gold rings it looks alot like the things i find at schools. Good luck in your other hunts, gold is gold so its all good to find. No gold this year for me yeat. Like to see more of your finds so keep the pics coming.
 
I'd like to have a day like that. :thumbsup:
 
Man what a haul---Great hunt :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
What a haul, congrats on the nice finds silver and gold sweeet! wtg :thumbsup:
Glenn
 
Haul??? thats a haul n a half.... dang your doing fantastic with that ace... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
 
Looks like you cleaned up your entire town :D That's more coinage than I ever found in one day.

Nice job,
Nat
 
Congrads on a very productive day. I'm interested in what the 10k rings were showing on the Ace. A solid nickel or?? Also what level of sensitivity were you running?

John
 
Natman said:
Looks like you cleaned up your entire town :D That's more coinage than I ever found in one day.

Nice job,
Nat
Its the highest total for one day for me, second 300 coin day!! I think the key is digging all those memorials and tot lots only, so no dirt digging!!
 
litefire56 said:
Congrads on a very productive day. I'm interested in what the 10k rings were showing on the Ace. A solid nickel or?? Also what level of sensitivity were you running?

John
I've found most of my gold this year with my Ace 250! Both of these rings hit solid like a nickel!!
 
Dude, the Mario brothers would envy that coin count!
 
Nice haul, I am using an Ace 250 this year also, that total makes my back hurt! I bet that marcasite ring will clean up nicely. I've found gold to ring up as solid nickel also with the Ace. It's a good sound, I'm still learning the ace, but starting to distinguish that telltale sound from bits of aluminum or folded-up foil. It is a "rounder" sound, as they say, at least for the first few inches down.
 
Very productive day, much more so than any of my days ever have been
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom