Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
spoon fed "O's"

From the land of the Bluenose.....paved the way for a dig by making Marie breakfast in bed.....it failed as she got up before it was done. She being so patriotic (me too I pay taxes) she scooped up her mother to go see the Canada Day parade as I took Otto out for a romp. Man was Otto in a bad mood! Every time I put on the brakes he would grind and scream like a banshee. Dollar signs flashed before my eyes. Undaunted I continued on to a playing field where the horseflies drove me off after a few coins. Then headed to a lake and did the dew with a few spoons.
004-12.jpg

After the second spoon this old crank approached me in waist deep water and told me I should be more considerate towards the swimmers as I was making holes in the bottom. I was thinking this old hag was ugly. How ugly you ask....I could rent her out to haunt houses on the weekend. She could have been a test pilot in a broom factory. She was so ugly that she had warts growing on he warts. These thoughts crossed my mind....and stayed there as I held my tongue and pulled out a pocket of metal fragments I had taken from the swimming area. She turned away as did I before the"Medusa effect" hit me. Ironically at another lake I was doing earlier I ran into the head of all indoor and outdoor swimming facilities for HRM (Halifax Regional Municipality). I was at the life guard station showing the junk I had taken out and he approached me and stated who he was. Now have carte blanche for all swimming areas!
Continued my swish with "O" after "O" a coming. One has 3 small stones and stamped 925. Let me tell you me son it sure needs a cleaning. (bottom left one)
005-11.jpg

001-20.jpg

Upvote 0

steelheadwill

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2010
New Castle NH.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Brain eyes ears and nose
Primary Interest:
Other
HaHa! Rodney Dangerfield lives :laughing9:
Congrats on getting the A-OK from 'The Man' and your nice Silver :hello2: (I love em Black)
Great story as always, keep em coming Me Bouy :hello:

gold nuggets

Bronze Member
Apr 5, 2008
Springfield, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE, Pro coil inline probe. Also the Excal II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great story and some sweet silver keepers Leslie. Even old "broom pilots"
need love and understanding at times....thanks for holding your tongue.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Great finds, congratulations.