What's new

Spoon mold

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Joined
Mar 26, 2010
Messages
2,706
Reaction score
7,236
Golden Thread
2
Location
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found the spoon bowl mold last month I've been hoping to find the other half well yesturday i found the handle I'm psyched I'm going to take my time and straighten it. I'm guessing the date is 1780-1810 it's just a guess. It's appropriately 8 inches long The mold is either brass or bronze will have to check. The top of the handle is a dognose thanks for looking and appreciate any feed back
 

Attachments

  • 1454727784772.webp
    1454727784772.webp
    60.7 KB · Views: 201
Upvote 52
gotta find the fork and knife that go with it just kiddin nice find though!!
 
That's killer, congrats! Always find spoons but never the mold
 
I don't think I've heard of anyone finding a mold
 
Very nice and different find congrats
 
Man that is so cool. And now you found both pieces. What a nice find
 
That's awesome and a different find for sure! [emoji106]
 
Man that's a cool find. I'm pretty sure a guy on here found part of a very early mold but can't seem to remember who
 
This is a pic from a 17th century mold found by timekiller. These really are a unique and special find. Congrats Plymouthian
image.webp
 
That's awesome and an oldy
 
Thats so cool! Thats a unique find. If you manage to get the other half you can make colonial relics at home... :thumbsup:
 
That was really an unusual find.Never have seen a spoon mold posted ever.
 
Congrats on that awesome find! It's cool to find spoons but even cooler to find the mold.
 
This is a pic from a 17th century mold found by timekiller. These really are a unique and special find. Congrats Plymouthian
View attachment 1269194
Remember it well. A very special find, so a big congrats to the OP with probably the 2nd only posted.
 
Last edited:
Now going to try and put it back together
 
That's a really cool find.
Maybe if you find the other half you can go into the spoon business.
 
Haha
 
Cool save even cooler you came back and found the other half!! :thumbsup:

I had a friend who hunted a old ship yard from the early 1700's and found a few lead spoons, I kind of wondered about that. So I guess seeing that mold it's possible.
 
Thanks OBN now I'd like to find a pewter spoon from the mold
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom