Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Can any one tell me what this is or what it might mean.
My street is 1 block long and over the years cars stop at the end of the block and smoke and throw out there cigarette buts out and other garbage.
When I see them I go out and get the license plate number and watch to see what they are doing.
Some have discarded there cigarettes and I told them I have there license plate number and if they don't get out and pick it up I will call the police and they will get a big fine. So far 2 this year and something new tonight.
I got her license plate number and noticed her standing near the car doing something and she got in and drove off.
This was spray painted on the street.
Any ideas what it means?

Having trouble getting the picture to load. Be back later.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Roger Mn.

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
paint (2).JPG paint (3).JPG

Last edited:

Mud Hut

Silver Member
Apr 23, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would report it it.. it could be gang related.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
You can spend a lot of time studying graffitti. Which , if you have time to fret about what's going on at the end of the street , you seem to have.

The one you found might be a "throwie'/Throw up. Meant to be fast , and the "artist" leaving a recognized work. At least in local taggers activities. Though it does not seem to be tagged/signed. Unless the makers street name is S' say n go.

Two colors helps define the "style".
And they are not "bubble" letters.

My wild guess is either the street was marked by a Say n go character/ (a persona name of an individual) , or it is merely support of such activity as graffiti. (As in "say n go". Make your art/statement , and then take off. Which is exactly what you witnessed>)

The paint/art is a statement too. "I was here". It is an insult , declaration of a sort of war to paint over it. So , don't paint over it. Unless you want to insult the maker.
Who may not sleep when you do. And....Taggers are good at avoiding the authorities ,if they are practiced in their art.

Kids /youths/ heck even older folks on occasion need a place to hang out and socialize. No , I don't want them doing it in my yard either.
But, run them off and they'll simply go elsewhere.
Multiple times someone has parked at the end of my road.
I don't sweat it too much unless they get out of a vehicle and enter my property. Which , they don't.

Last edited:

TheGreenBoy

Nov 10, 2017
Countryside
Detector(s) used
DBP2010, eeTH, tx850
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art... or vandalism depending on who you ask. I doubt it's gang related but you never know.

Well yeah. The outside of trains in our country looks like a few gangs would hit them with half-yearly spray paint production. But make no mistake, it was done by professinals according to the designs by High school of industrial design. Personally, i kind a like the balance between fine tuch of air brush professional and strong moves of street artist. What a do not like, however, is the fact that all our trains looks pritty much the same - the real street artist would have more imagination.

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well yeah. The outside of trains in our country looks like a few gangs would hit them with half-yearly spray paint production. But make no mistake, it was done by professinals according to the designs by High school of industrial design. Personally, i kind a like the balance between fine tuch of air brush professional and strong moves of street artist. What a do not like, however, is the fact that all our trains looks pritty much the same - the real street artist would have more imagination.

Punks destroying other peoples things, thinking it’s ok because it’s commonplace and they were raised that way.
Just kids being kids is what they say...problem is they grow up to be adults with the same minimal level of respect for other peoples things.

I bet $$ that they would be pretty pissed off if someone used the hood of their Honda Civic as street canvas...or their front door to their house....hmm weird how it works that way.

Locally, some firefighter this summer “tagged” a historical rusty 100 year old iron door to an old concrete powder house along the road with a very ornate and skillfully drawn script. Happened a few years prior as well when we had a different wildfire. Sorry - I’ve got zero respect for Punks with no respect.

Last edited:

ticndig

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2009
Cumberland Va
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
T-2-SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get you some driveway sealer and cover it up . it means low life trash is in the area. they mark their spot like the dogs they are.

PetesPockets55

Bronze Member
Apr 18, 2013
Indian River Co., Fl
Detector(s) used
AT MAX & Carrot, Nokta Pulse Dice (:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How about applying some water soluble, eco-friendly, cirtus based paint remover. I use it for decks over the water. Apply, let soak, and rinse before it dries.

Then it's up to the person to remember if they were even there?

IMAUDIGGER

Silver Member
Mar 16, 2016
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good idea cleaning it up pronto.
It is like a dog..once one marks their spot it attracts others to do the same.

Let’s not degrade dogs though. I’m kind of fond of mine.

Squirrel322

Silver Member
Jul 4, 2016
Central MI
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Equinox 800, Go-Find 66, ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it says “Slay n go”.

It appears to be a phrase related to urban fashion but I could find more than that.

boogeyman

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2006
Out in the hills near wherendaheckarwe
Detector(s) used
WHITES, MINELAB, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get you some driveway sealer and cover it up . it means low life trash is in the area. they mark their spot like the dogs they are.

Only five minutes with a pressure washer problem gone. Ask at a real paint store. They make a clear coat designed for cinder block walls. You can pretty much take graffitti off with a garden hose & a speed nozzle. Dang! Can't remember what it was called.

If you got the stones & a pistola, take some green spray paint and draw an X over the graffitti (called crossing). A gent I know would spray another gangs tag over the gangs tags in his neighborhood. We thought at the time it started a couple gang shootings. It was a win / win. A couple bangers were eliminated & with the concentrated police activity his area really cleaned up a lot!

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread