What's new

Square stone found laying up against a tree.

Joined
Oct 2, 2012
Messages
652
Reaction score
413
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Cabella's
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found this laying up against a tree I'm not sure if it was pecked and formed into the way it is, or someone else made this. rock5.webpshell1.webpshell3.webpshell6.webps-l500.webpsquare.webpsquare1.webpstone321.webp
 
Upvote 0
Awesome find
 
Could be a very old grave marker, that was lightly engraved, but hard to see now due to chemical weathering. I saw some stone markers that early Pioneers died on along the morman trail. The names on them could be barely seen any more, due to being exposed to the elements over the last 170 years
 
I'd say it was shaped rather than natural, perhaps an old foundation stone.
 
Or a rather large street cobblestone. The ships brought a lot back from Europe back in the day, and they're still here.
 
Looks heavy did you carry it all by yourself home?
 
Looks like an old grave marker to me. My wife and I have been going to old cemeteries for years for her genealogy of our families. I have seen a lot just like this. Some will have faint names or markings on them but most are either highly eroded or were just plain.
 
It was just in the forest on my property
 
So it's possible you took someone's gravestone home?
 
Definitely looks man made and historic. But for me I would assume it was for a foundation or something, not a grave stone.
 
Cemetery footstone or perhaps a survey monument.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom