What's new

Stainless Sand Scoop

By the way, I went to my local lake for a quick hunt to check out my new sand scoop and found only 62 cents. Like every new toy it will take a little time to get used to using. One thing I noticed was, while in the water not being able to see clearly exactly where I needed to place the scoop for digging and the twisting of the scoop while digging for the target. This morning I ordered the raptor guide handle and pull handle.

Thanks and HH
 
Well not that you necessarily are being cheap.
But buying "half" a scoop has never been a way for me to go...
And perhaps I assumed that anyone doing this is being "cheap"... or whatever.
 
How about going to a scrap yard . They May have something for you. From Bill , night ghost pirate
 
By the way, I went to my local lake for a quick hunt to check out my new sand scoop and found only 62 cents. Like every new toy it will take a little time to get used to using. One thing I noticed was, while in the water not being able to see clearly exactly where I needed to place the scoop for digging and the twisting of the scoop while digging for the target. This morning I ordered the raptor guide handle and pull handle.

Thanks and HH

I paint the inside of my scoop and coil high vis yellow to improve visibility.
In 0 vis, pinpoint target and leave coil there, ride the scoop down the shaft.
As the scoop gets close to bottom, pull out the coil and draw back a couple inches and dig straight ahead.

Also helps to make a marking on the top of the scoop handle to orient you which way it is pointing, ie if you can see the mark, you know the scoop is pointed the right way.
 
I paint the inside of my scoop and coil high vis yellow to improve visibility.
In 0 vis, pinpoint target and leave coil there, ride the scoop down the shaft.
As the scoop gets close to bottom, pull out the coil and draw back a couple inches and dig straight ahead.

Also helps to make a marking on the top of the scoop handle to orient you which way it is pointing, ie if you can see the mark, you know the scoop is pointed the right way.[/QUOTE

Very useful tips

Thanks and HH
 
How about going to a scrap yard . They May have something for you. From Bill , night ghost pirate

I have already called the nearby scrape yards, nothing available at this time.

Thanks and HH
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom