What's new

stamped lead item

jerseyben

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2010
Messages
5,216
Reaction score
2,180
Golden Thread
0
Location
NJ Pine Barrens
Detector(s) used
T2 SE
Primary Interest:
Other
Dug this stamped lead item on an old farm. I actually almost chucked it but put it in my pouch anyway. later, I was cleaning the trash out of my pouch and I decided to rinse it under water, thats when I saw the lettering. I can read the word "ESTATE" but I cant make out any of the other words. Any idea what it could be?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2131what.webp
    IMG_2131what.webp
    58 KB · Views: 292
How small is it?
 
Upvote 0
I think lead bale seal is a really good guess. It is about the size of a silver dollar, see below:
 

Attachments

  • IMG_2139size.webp
    IMG_2139size.webp
    19.4 KB · Views: 189
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom