Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi all:

I hope you all got out today and enjoyed the gorgeous MI day. I headed over to my farm with my two little guys (8 & 6YO) to feed the owner's cat while he's away. My 8YO has really been into detecting lately so we borrowed our neighbor's detector for him to swing. He was soon frustrated with all the signals but I managed a '44 Wheatie. We then headed over to a friend's house to cover some new ground. The original house (1873) had burned and was bulldozed into the foundation so there was no shortage of signals. All their kids came out to join in the excitement so hunting was not overly productive. When I dug a large nail :tard: their 7YO son ran around yelling, "We found a brown nail!!" You have to love that youthful enthusiasm. ;D

With the distractions we barely scratched the surface here. I did find a Stanhome coaster (1950's?), a Lincoln Memorial, and a 1911 Wheatie, which I left with them. Definitely some silver potential. Their daughter mentioned some "junk in the woods" which I had to check out before we left. I was happy to find a 1.5 quart Ball canning jar in great shape. Since I can fruit myself, I enjoy finding these canning items from days past. My best treasure: spending 5 quality hours with my sons. (they are still young enough to want to be with me!) :)

Thanks for looking and Happy Easter.
Michiganne

Attachments

• treasure 2009 017comp.jpg
    treasure 2009 017comp.jpg
    24.4 KB · Views: 291
  • treasure 2009 019comp.jpg
    treasure 2009 019comp.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 288
  • Easterbunny 004comp.jpg
    Easterbunny 004comp.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 308

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Sounds like you had a good day( the weather was nice today, I spent it doing yard work,
so I won't feel guilty on my next hunt.) Nice rabbit, how deep was it.

Good luck,
HH.

Merf

Silver Member
Jan 7, 2007
Northern Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab vanquish, Quest x10 pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds and a good time for sure :thumbsup:

Wallhangers

Jul 28, 2008
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, T2 SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Glad to see you got out and had some fun. My 10 year old daughter has been my shadow detecting lately. I wore her out a little yesterday though. Sounds like that site has some good potential! Talk to you soon.

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Feb 21, 2008
Great Lakes State
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
Glad you could get out! I love those jars. I once found a massive Mason jar in the ruins of an old house. Pickles were still in it. Patent 1858. Left it there, too big to carry!

OP
OP
Michiganne

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pickles were still in it.
I wonder how they would have been? :icon_scratch:

HH,
Michiganne :wink:

jopher

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2003
Mid Michigan
Detector(s) used
IDX Classic SL-x2....Excalibur1000
Nice relics Anne...I too have found one of those Stanhome coasters..its in my collection of similar aluminum pieces......Coca cola ashtrays....Little Bo Peep tea set pieces....etc

OP
OP
Michiganne

Michiganne

Silver Member
Mar 27, 2007
SW Michigan
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
jopher said:
Nice relics Anne...I too have found one of those Stanhome coasters..its in my collection of similar aluminum pieces......Coca cola ashtrays....Little Bo Peep tea set pieces....etc

Cool! I was hoping to use the coaster on my desk but the cup I drink out of is too wide to fit in it. Must be cups were smaller in the old days? :icon_scratch:

Little Bo Peep tea set.....now that would be sweet! :thumbsup:

Mike from MI

Silver Member
Oct 13, 2007
Vicksburg Michigan
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Etrac, Minelab Explorer II, Exterra 30, Fisher CZ-21, and CZ-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Anne, I have a couple of them coasters from past years hunts. Neat item for sure. Congrats on the digs with the kids! :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions