Michiganne
Silver Member
- Joined
- Mar 27, 2007
- Messages
- 4,403
- Reaction score
- 551
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- SW Michigan
- Detector(s) used
- Explorer SE
- Primary Interest:
- All Treasure Hunting
Hi all:
I found this token recently at a farmhouse dating back to at least 1873. It is the size of a nickel and reads "Good for five cents trade" with no business named. The other side appears to have two columns or a Roman numeral two.
I don't know if the star/moon stamped in it were original or not.
TIA for any help with IDing.
Michiganne
pic 1 - precleaning
I found this token recently at a farmhouse dating back to at least 1873. It is the size of a nickel and reads "Good for five cents trade" with no business named. The other side appears to have two columns or a Roman numeral two.
I don't know if the star/moon stamped in it were original or not.TIA for any help with IDing.
Michiganne
pic 1 - precleaning
Attachments
-
treasure 2009 151.jpgcomp.webp17 KB · Views: 552 -
treasure 2009 153.jpgcomp.webp20.9 KB · Views: 561 -
treasure 2009 152.jpgcomp.webp19.7 KB · Views: 1,597 -
treasure 2009 151.jpgcomp.webp17 KB · Views: 502 -
treasure 2009 153.jpgcomp.webp20.9 KB · Views: 522 -
treasure 2009 152.jpgcomp.webp19.7 KB · Views: 1,577
I always assumed this ring was a cult ring, but than again, maybe not.
The star and crescent moon were used by others, as you know. I only listed 3 off the top of my head. It may be a cult ring or Islamic.







