Stash of hand rolls

USMCLion

Feb 15, 2008
Went into a new bank today (I'm trying to expand my area a little) and asked if they had any halves. Teller said yes and headed for the vault and come back with a hand roll. I asked how many she had and she replied oh we have thousands of dollars of halves in the vault. My first thought was that this is someones dump bank. So I asked if I could buy $100 worth just to try them out. Now this is the part of the story where I wish I could post that all $100 worth was 90%ers with walkers and bens mixed in but I can't. Only 1 40er in the bunch. I'm going to go back and get a grand worth tomorrow and see how that goes wish me luck. H/H Ryan

Upvote 0

cyberdan

Silver Member
Dec 12, 2006
Very Northern Left Coast
Detector(s) used
XLT & Bigfoot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That happened to me once. Close to $500 I was leary and bought a couple of hundred. Took them out to my car and quickly found a 40%. So I went back in a bought them out. It was someones dump and he missed that 40%er. >:(

WISH YOU BETTER LUCK :thumbsup:

Silver_Fox

Bronze Member
May 16, 2007
Good 'Ol USA /
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250 of course
You never know. I bought $300 once. All the same wrappers. The next to the last roll was a full oll of 40's. I still wonder about that one.

OP
OP
U

USMCLion

Feb 15, 2008
Well got the thousand worth today and it was a mixed bunch. Total I got 1 walker 4 bens 2 64's and 5 40ers. I'm pretty happy with that, especially with how my boxes have been as of late. The good part is the still have $3800 dollars worth of halves. I told the lady I would be back to get everyl ast one of them. No solid rolls, in fact each of the coins mentioned above came from seperate roles.

kestrelia

May 9, 2007
I'd move fast. It's kind of odd that a bank would have $3,800 in halves sitting around. I've encountered <$1,000, but once they reach $1,000 I think most banks get rid of them, rather then have all of that dead money.

Brian

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Mclion,
Buy every single one of those rolls and quick!! I have hit big on stashes just like that. The fact that you got 1 40% means there is more. We just don't know how much. Good luck and post pic of your finds.

Golden Silver (south va.)

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I agree with the above......I'd get em all. Good luck and keep us posted.

ugotit22

Bronze Member
Dec 26, 2007
The Dirty Shire
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, and Whites IDX Pro
LOL stop typing and get your butt back there and get all 3800.00. 380 rolls at your current ratio yur still lookin at those rolls holding 4 walkers, 16 bens, 8-10 90%ers, and like a rolls and a half of 40's.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread