Sep 18, 2010
Ellisville, Mississippi
Detector(s) used
White's V3i, White's MXT Pro, and a White's Treasure Master, along with a White's TRX Pinpointer...
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I recovered this Sterling Buckle in on 12.15.2019 in Lamar County, Mississippi, and wanted to know if anyone had any idea of approximately what year it was made and who it was made by. Other than the "sterling" mark on it, I can find no other marks of any kind.

12.15.2019 - Purvis on Old 11 - Eugene -n-Josh - Sterling SIlver Buckle - ABCD.jpg

12.15.2019 - Purvis on Old 11 - Eugene -n-Josh - Sterling SIlver Buckle - AB.jpg

12.15.2019 - Purvis on Old 11 - Eugene -n-Josh - Sterling SIlver Buckle - ABC.jpg

I'd say 1920's by the look of it, but, I'm no expert. :icon_thumright:

Upvote 0
Nice! Is it my imagination or do I see hints of engraved letters in the triangle?

Upvote 0
Hickok belt buckle, 1920-1930. I’ve found a few, but never Sterling. Google Hickok buckle for tons of info, they had lots of variations and customizable. Congrats

Upvote 0
Hickok belt buckle, 1920-1930. I’ve found a few, but never Sterling. Google Hickok buckle for tons of info, they had lots of variations and customizable. Congrats

I've looked at hundreds of Hickok's trying to match this one up, but no luck. I've recovered a couple of Hickoks previously, but they were marked "Hickok".

Upvote 0
I've looked at hundreds of Hickok's trying to match this one up, but no luck. I've recovered a couple of Hickoks previously, but they were marked "Hickok".

Definitely has the shape of a Hickok. Maybe a competitor same time frame. Hmmmm, not sure.

Upvote 0
Definitely has the shape of a Hickok. Maybe a competitor same time frame. Hmmmm, not sure.

You can also search Kantslip or Wadsworth. This was the style of belt buckle worn by men through the 1920's. I'm sure, just like today, there were knock-offs made. They were often highly customized. I doubt you will find a match.

b382b2d61759faf8027e7de9afd53242.jpg

1929 catalog page.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back