STERLING silver Airplane lapel pin and 1943-s Merc dime

oddcoins

Bronze Member
Jun 21, 2006
Eugene Oregon
Detector(s) used
Minelab eTrac ~ DetectorPro Pocket Uniprobe
Hello!

It's been a while since I've posted here on Tnet. Haven't been out detecting nearly as much as I'd like to lately ~ but I got out for a couple hours today!

I dug 9 wheat cents dating from 1916 to 1958 ~ 1943-S Merc dime ~ and a couple dollars in clad. But the cool thing is this little airplane shaped lapel pin marked STERLING ~ it weighs only 1.5 grams! I almost didn't dig it at first because it came in just like a zinc cent on my eTrac . . . . . but when I pinpointed it it seemed to be a little deep, so I assumed it was gonna be a old green wheat cent. A nice little supprise!

Thanks for looking!
Neil

Attachments

• Jan11-2012silver1.jpg
    Jan11-2012silver1.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 738
  • Jan11-2012silver2.jpg
    Jan11-2012silver2.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 811
  • Jan11-2012silver3.jpg
    Jan11-2012silver3.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 767
Upvote 0
That little plane pin is cool as the dickens .. I wonder what the story is on that? Nice dime too! :thumbsup:

Sounds like you had a fun day of it!

thats a p 38 lighting airplane like the ones used in the pacfic in world war 2 its a sweethaert pin. nice find. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :hello: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

kansas coin hunter said:
thats a p 38 lighting airplane like the ones used in the pacfic in world war 2 its a sweethaert pin. nice find. :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :hello: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

WoW ... Very cool! Thanks for the info!

That's really cool! Love the plane. Plus that's a good chunk o' silver!! congrats

Nice find !!!! congrats !!! :icon_thumright: To bad the plane didnt say dog tax huh :wink:

very cool P-38 pin. I've seen another one identical posted on a detecting forum maybe a couple of years ago :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

kansas coin hunter said:

As well as the European theater. Goering referred to it as the "fork tailed devil"
Killer finds!
Carl

Nice finds OC.....congrats on the two silvers and the wheat cents.
That sterling P-38 lapel pin is a sweet find for sure.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

P-38 Lightning pin and the 1943 merc. lost together during WW II :headbang: "great fighter plane" pin ! 8) 8) 8) CMD

that is too cool! :thumbsup:

Yikes, the old P-38 Lockeed Lightning.

As a 9 year old, it was my favorite toy.

Great find!!

Eagle

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back