What's new

sterling thing

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got this at a Church sale today . I was thinking it might be a tongue depressor ?- The misses thinks it's a bookmark ?

It is 8 inches long & 1 1/8 inches wide . kinda thick , weighs 52 grams .

I guess HEM is a monogram of somebodies initials .
 

Attachments

  • sale 011.webp
    sale 011.webp
    18.1 KB · Views: 294
  • sale 008.webp
    sale 008.webp
    36 KB · Views: 308
  • sale 006.webp
    sale 006.webp
    26.2 KB · Views: 286
I see by the last pic that it has SHREVE CRUMP & LOW CO. engraved on it.
http://www.shrevecrumpandlow.com/
In the gift business since 1796 in Boston Mass.

I would definitely say sterling silver monogrammed bookmark. Congrats to the Misses. :thumbsup:
The one they show online today is plain and goes for $60.00 and is only 6" x 1"

Perhaps you could contact them for an appraisal and positive ID.



GG~
 
Upvote 0
It could be a shoe horn.
Scott
 
Upvote 0
The Bookmark in the link posted by Montana Jim is even made by the same people as the one you have, I would have to say solved.
 
Upvote 0
Sweet Find.....Excellent GG and MJ
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom