Stone Charts of the Superstitions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nat,

I know Mike Pickett pretty well. Pretty straightforward guy. Don't know where he got his info though. He has had a recurring piece in the GPAA Magazine on Treasure Hunting. Been around a long time.

If you ever get the chance, call him. Very nice guy.

Mike

N

natchitoches

gollum
thank you, I think I will call him.
he seams to know what he is talking about.
I know he had been online a long time.over 10 years.
his web site use to have even more info. on it.
but he pull some of it.
I wish now I had paid more attention to it, but was not that much into it at that time.

http://www.treasurehuntersuniversity.com/field.html
do you have his book? i think i am going to get it too.
i been looking for his email add. but can't find it
was going to invite him to come here and talk to us.if he would

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got his book several years ago, and still have it.

Mike

Oroblanco

Gold Member
Jan 21, 2005
DAKOTA TERRITORY
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Lobo Supertraq, (95%) Garrett Scorpion (5%)
WOW if I may say so myself, what a cool find amigo! Congrats on finding that and excellent photos! That cave especially may lead you to treasures, and you know where silver has been found, the odds are good that silver veins exist elsewhere in the vicinity. Great spot you have there.

Happy Thanksgiving to you too and to everyone!
Roy

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Hal,

"......the notorious Tom Quick Indian Fighter (murderer if we are being honest)."

There is a little more to that story:

http://www.genyourway.com/ss-7.html

And there is this:

"If tradition is to be believed, it is true of Tom Quick, as was said of Samson of old, that "he slew more of his enemies at his death than he destroyed during his whole life." By a strange fatality, Tom was brought down by that dreadful malady-small-pox. The Indians, having learned the place of his sepulchre, dug up the body of their deceased enemy, and distributed the portions among the clans throughout the vicinity. Great powwows were held, every man, woman and child of the several clans were assembled, and the sections of Tom Quick's body were burned with great ceremony. No more effective plan could have been devised to spread the disease, and its ravages were not checked until the tribe had been nearly exterminated.

If the death of any man was ever avenged, the death of Tom Quick's father certainly was."
"Legends of the Shawangunk....."

Take care,

Joe

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal, I think your doing a good job and you have interesting photos.I have found most of my markings by taking photos like yourself.in searching for locations involving the stones I look for large markings because they themselves would look in this way.if the church themselves or relations of peralta family would search they would know that they would have to find the key to unlock the puzzle.and yet it might be one of the smallest details that will get you on the right trail.but always remember that you have to hike to higher elevations so you can take photos all around you.then go home and search your photos for symbols or markings.this is how I work the mountains.
Take care and good hunting

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
I just finished watching Kenworthy's lecture on the stone charts. Work past his awkward translation/explanation of the stones and there is quite a bit of information that strengthens the argument for a Peralta/Gonzales(z) family connection. Kenworthy's discovery of the Peralta/Gonzales campsite near the Gila is notable... as is a photograph of that site which shows three large symbols on a nearby hillside. Similar to the symbols that I have identified as well as the ones discovered by K. Painter. The only inconsistency is that the symbols at the Peralta/Gonzales site were made from many small, pale colored rocks (the others being dug trenches). I am trying to locate this campsite and am looking for some help. Any suggestions?

Once again, thank you for the help cactusjumper! Yes, the stories about T. Quick may have been embellished after several mugs of applejack, however there is a record of his brutality... and the disapproval of his peers.

... The P/G campsite should be located in the foothills of the Mineral Mountains, near the Gila. Has anyone seen these? Kenworthy claimed that symbols like these were common in the area. If he is correct this means that people were communicating via geoglyphs from the Gila to the Salt. The question is who? Perhaps the Jesuits, or the Peralta/Gonzalez expedition, or Chinese miners, or Freemasons in the military (U.S. & Mexican), or Mormons with ties to the Apache & Navajo nations. More than likely it was more than any one group. Anyway, Kenworthy believed these geoglyphs to be an important clue in finding the mines of the Salt River Mountains.

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
somehiker,
Thank you! Wow, I have so much catching up to do it makes my head spin. Has anyone here seen these symbols fist hand?

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona
Hal,

Here is what the hillside looks like today:

SoutheastEndHorse-2.jpg

Seven-2.jpg

SouthwestEndofHill-2.jpg

I have not been to the markings, but started the search. Body won't stand up to the hike. ::)

Pictures courtesy of Larry Wright. (Sluicebox)

Take care,

Joe

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal:

Anyone who has,should be able to describe what is at the base of the hill,below the markings.
Larry should know what's there,I would guess.
Other than that,it seems like the exact location is being kept a secret,so I will not rock the boat by giving the co-ordinates.
You won't be able to find the symbols using G/E,however.They are simply not visible enough in the past or current imagery.
There is a ruin of a rock house on the South side of the river,east of South Butte,and other ruins near the river just south of where I have been told the hill with the scrapings is.
The ruins are visible on G/E,and the stone house is shown on the 1900 Florence topo.

Regards:SH

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
cactusjumper/somehiker,
Honestly this is simply incredible sharing. I am going to have a look for myself as I think that the effort is well worth trying. Thank you both for being a constant source of help an inspiration. I have not identified the exact location yet but I am working on it.

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello hal groves, happy new year, I know your going by kenworthys information.I met with charles kenworthy over twenty years ago at his office.I was going to try to join him but we were looking in two different areas.he was a nice person and even showed me his location photos in his search.he had several shots showing rocks that were forming different shapes. We parted wishing each other good luck.
. I also met years ago with Roy Touch who had copes of the stones which he showed me, but he also had his own opinion on the probable location.you can see that I have been searching for many years. All the searchers on this web site. are all very dedicated. In their search.I have been not searching for the markings but for the last few years I have been deciphering the codes for the entrusted.what is fascinating is that many of the persons claim they found it which is good for me because noboknows who is the true locator.ill tell you that I seen them last photos and its not the way but its really up to you.maybe one day will meet and remember if you can't find the starting markers to the peralta don't assume anything.
Do you live in Arizona?would you help me dig for a treasure? Do you have a 4wheeltrustworthy drive?if you want to believe in me contact me, I don't ask for investments to those that have been communicating with hal and you are willing to dig you can also contact me.they must be part of TreasureNet.this tells me that yous are dedicated.each will receive a share in the treasure and can continue to help me in all the other mines.I can not show you proof on the computer but if you are willing to meet me in Hawaii I will show you ny photos of the mines and the markings of the stones.if you believe you will be rewarded by god.
Find the book that tells the story of the nun that was visited by Mary and told the nun to give information to the pope.part of the information was that Mary wanted a medal mak

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Cont. The medal is called The miraculous medal.search the medal and you will find markings.all the markings I found on the mountain.good luck.

OP
OP
Hal Croves

Hal Croves

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2010
What I am finding difficult to understand is the location. Why Twin Buttes? Was Donnelly Wash a crossing on the Gila? Also, these symbols are large enough to be seen via GE. The images shared by cactusjumper seem to show enough contrast. Are you sure that they are not visible with G/E? (somehiker) Anyway, here are images (GE & topo) of the stone house you described.

somehiker

Silver Member
May 1, 2007
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hal:
They are visible,barely.The horse in particular,but very faint.The heart and hockey stick are only visible with the daylight controls.
As such,it is unlikely that they can be found using G/E unless you know exactly where to look for them.
Any wash might make for easier travel,and have pools of water or springs nearby,trees and shade etc.
Twin Buttes is a major landmark,seen from a great distance.It is also close to a major historic Pima settlement.
The Jesuits had a visita,shown on a map from 1702,called St.Fernando...near by the confluence of the San Pedro and Gila.
By the scale used,the ruin visible in your G/E snap may be on the same spot? :dontknow:

Regards:SH.

Attachments

• kino map casa grande 1.jpg
    kino map casa grande 1.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 724

peralta

Sep 28, 2011
oahu hawaii
Detector(s) used
Whites 2-box
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi hal, you asked what importance the medal is.Mary left a clue to to finding treasure. She appeared and extended her hands, the fingers. On both hands had rings with beautiful jewels and then she said to have the Jesuits help the children.Mary would never wear precious jewelry and flount them.
The same symbols she asked to be on the medal which are the m with the cross and the hearts are the exact. Markings I have on the santa Maria map.She wants the treasures found and use it to help children.are the santa Maria markings real? I've already located all the markings.The santa Maria and the peralta are both related.this is what will make my future non fiction book hopefully a success. AND REMEMBER THAT THE LATIN HEART STONES AND THE STONE CROSSES ARE ALSO RELATED I FOUND THE MARKINGS IN THE SAME TREASURE AREA.IM DONE SEARCHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread