What's new

Stone tool or AFR?

MicahMae

Tenderfoot
Joined
Jun 29, 2013
Messages
6
Reaction score
6
Golden Thread
0
I found this a few days ago and I'm not entirely convinced that it is an artifact... What do you think?

image-1885768728.webp

It looks like only the bottom corner is broken.



image-2966414570.webp

Side view. Back is concave.
 
Upvote 0
It looks worked to me, but not sure of the function..maybe a knife/scraper or preform?
 
It looks worked to me, but not sure of the function..maybe a knife/scraper or preform?

i think so too
keep looking in that area again
might be worth it
 
Last edited:
Looks crude, but I am pretty sure it is an artifact. Looks like it even has a graver spur in the first picture. I like the color of the material.
 
Yes definitely worked others might disagree but it's not natural keep looking
 
Id call that a nice side scraper if I had found it here in Ga.
 
Its an artifact. I have a bucket full of similar looking items. Most fit the palm of the hand well. It is just a little crude. They can't all be G9, but wouldn't it be nice if they were!lol Just keep looking over that area every time it rains if possible. And maybe fan out to adjacent hills or ridges. You never know what you'll find. Happy Hunting!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom