What's new

Strange Buckle!!!

sonnyjam

Full Member
Joined
Jan 18, 2009
Messages
110
Reaction score
63
Golden Thread
0
I would like to know if anyone could give me information on this buckle. It seems to be made out of brass or maybe gold? It has some kind of animal on it like a yeti or something. Could this be worth anything? Ill be listing more things that i found soon.
Thanks!
 

Attachments

  • 100_2135.webp
    100_2135.webp
    17.2 KB · Views: 332
  • 100_2134.webp
    100_2134.webp
    11.9 KB · Views: 323
  • 100_2133.webp
    100_2133.webp
    7.5 KB · Views: 321
  • 100_2131.webp
    100_2131.webp
    17.8 KB · Views: 334
It's not very large. The image is like a gargoyle to me. The clasp seems large for the size of the frame, though. Not gold, may be brass. My first thought was a cover frame for a diary, but the size is much too small. Good luck!
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a sash buckle. The fabric was wraped around the waist and then pinned together with the buckle. Nice find.

Wolverine.
 
Upvote 0
I'm not a woman...but if I were, I don't think I would wear a buckle like this. :evil4:
 
Upvote 0
I agree it's most likely a women's Victorian or art nouveau brooch or sash buckle...

Gargoyle's were not an uncommon accent for the time.
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom