What's new

strange pile of rocks

djui5 I know what your saying, these rocks we all look at are open to a LOT of interpretation. But I suppose that if all this was crystal clear and easy to figure out the treasure would be long gone by now.So Tell me about the big nose face and do you happen to have a picture of that map?

It doesn't look like I'm going to have time to go hiking on this trip, I have to leave on Wednesday and Monday and Tuesday are already planned out for me.But Ill be back and I'm looking forward to going out in the Supers with someone that knows whats going on.
 
Thanks for the input Stroover.Who made those "inuksuk", was it the native people or the Europeans that came later? I can see what you mean, about the dead man,its not hard to see lots of shapes in these rocks,there kinda like clouds, the longer you look at them the more shapes you see.
 
Inukshuk were erected by the Eskimo <Inuit> (and possibly the northern Cree) as harbour, milestone and directional markers. The name means "resembling Inuit", and they are usually built in the form of a man.
Gord
 
Thanks gord, its amazing the information thats available from knowledgeable people on TresureNet
 
bytheriver, heres a close up of the mask you see and the bent tree. I'm not sure if theres anything there, when you zoom in real tight on a digital image and try to discern tiny details you cant always trust everything you see, theres always artifacts present and when I convert the picture from Raw to a jpeg file they get a little worse, and when there downsized from a 14 MB file to a 100 KB internet file you cant trust any tiny detail you see. When I think I see something hidden in the bushes while looking at a picture, I never get too excited until I go back and check it out in the field.But keep trying to see things in the pictures, the more eyeballs that look at these pictures the better the chance that someone will see something important, and next spring Ill go out and look at everyones Ideas and sightings close up.
 
Heres the pictures.
 

Attachments

  • bent tree crop.webp
    bent tree crop.webp
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,361
  • mask2 good (Medium).webp
    mask2 good (Medium).webp
    14.4 KB · Views: 1,345
Heres another photo of an odd rock formation. This is in the same area as all of the other pictures Ive posted,in fact even though Ive never measured the area that all of these rocks are located in, I would guess that all of the things Ive posted are in about one hundred acres.It seems to me thats a lot of odd rocks for such a small area. I spend a lot of time in the woods, I even live in the woods [ maybe Ill post a picture of my yard ] and I almost never see even one rock that looks like something the Spanish might make much less than the dozens ive seen in this one area. This rock looks to me like a "foot" with a pointer on top of it, and actually it is next to the trail I'm walking on going to some of the other markers, and I'm going in the direction of the pointer.The pointer rock on top is about the size of a large coffee table. this isn't the only "foot" shape Ive seen at the site,when I get time Ill post a picture that looks like a shoe carved into a rock.
So what do you see? Is it natural or a trail marker made to blend in with the environment that says " walk in this direction ".
 

Attachments

  • foot (Medium).webp
    foot (Medium).webp
    77.4 KB · Views: 1,312
  • foot 2 (Medium).webp
    foot 2 (Medium).webp
    64 KB · Views: 1,298
  • foot3 (Medium).webp
    foot3 (Medium).webp
    42.8 KB · Views: 1,294
Heres a picture of another foot shape, actually it looks like a shoe thats stepping up a step. the " shoe" is about five feet long and about seventy five feet in the air, and it appears to be just above a narrow path that climbs to the top of the rock. I think it means, " climb up here". does anyone think its a sign, or see anything else up there? Or is it just another odd looking rock?
 

Attachments

  • shoe 4 (Medium).webp
    shoe 4 (Medium).webp
    73.2 KB · Views: 1,256
  • shoe 3 (Medium).webp
    shoe 3 (Medium).webp
    95.1 KB · Views: 1,268
  • shoe 2 (Medium).webp
    shoe 2 (Medium).webp
    81.1 KB · Views: 1,262
  • shoe 1 (Medium).webp
    shoe 1 (Medium).webp
    47.1 KB · Views: 1,268
i reckon get pictures of old spanish shoes or who ever you think carved it and compare them.
 
mercinarie I looked on the internet a little for what the early Spanish were wearing on there feet, and found that they wore just about anything. I thought that they would all be wearing boots, so the carving should look like a boot.But I found out that they wore whatever they had, from high boots to homemade sandals and everything in between. So I think that if it is a shoe its just a representation of walking up a hill.I could be wrong, maybe its just another odd rock.
 
I am not an expert in this, but the shoe looks like a Spanish Flamenco Dance Boot! I say this because of the broad heel and style.

I also did a search and this is the closest I found!

By the River
 

Attachments

  • Flemenco Dancing Shoe.gif
    Flemenco Dancing Shoe.gif
    12.5 KB · Views: 1,234
bytheriver, youda girl, thats great! If that shoe was stepping up some stairs it would look exactly the same. I wonder how long that style has been used by the Spanish,and how did you find it so fast?. Only problem is now I'm picturing a bunch of conquistadors wearing helmets and swords walking thru the Colorado mountains wearing dancing shoes :D :D :D
 
I am hispanic so it was very a very familiar shoe!

I did a simple google search."Flamenco Dance Boot"

BTR
 
bytheriver thanks again. mercinarie ,he better dance out there and get his treasure cause I'm on the trail.
Heres a picture of other things I think I see on the rock that has the shoe on it.Maybe there real maybe not,but there what I see.let me know what you think.
 

Attachments

  • signs 1 (Large).webp
    signs 1 (Large).webp
    131.2 KB · Views: 1,218
Heres some more pictures of the pointer rock up on top. These pictures are taken from different. angles.The pictures aren't that good because I cant get close to it, so I have to use a big lens to get much of anything. The pointer rock is about the size of a large desk,It looks like the top has been cut off flat and when the sun hits it just right I think I can see symbols or something carved into the flat part.I believe it points to the small turtles on top of the Indian face in reply 46 but its hard to tell without being up there.
What do you think?
 

Attachments

  • POINTER 3 (Large).webp
    POINTER 3 (Large).webp
    51.6 KB · Views: 1,164
  • POINTER 2 (Large).webp
    POINTER 2 (Large).webp
    69 KB · Views: 1,172
  • POINTER (Large).webp
    POINTER (Large).webp
    65.4 KB · Views: 1,165
  • pointer 4 (Large).webp
    pointer 4 (Large).webp
    75.2 KB · Views: 1,164
The spanish although clever and cunning would make markers that were clearly seen. All i can say is there usually will be a attention getter somewhere near the marker if there is one to catch your eye...and if there is a marker there will be a cross or more importantly a v somewhere on the marker to confirm it. If you have to use photochop to try and find things that aren't there...then you are going in the wrong direction....Gullum...Buddy...and Duij will tell you the same thing...

DW
 
I guess I'm just getting old and senile, but it looks like many years ago someone painted a mural on the rocks in that last picture . . . which has mostly washed off, but some of the color and picture remains. Tell me if I need to get new glasses.

What I see is a portrait of a chief in full headdress, among other things, painted on the rocks. Did you do this or is that the natural appearance of the rocks in the last pic you posted?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom