What's new

Strange Rock Find-Indian? Paint?

OldScout

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 19, 2014
Messages
43
Reaction score
22
Golden Thread
0
Location
Southwest Ohio, Indiana, KY area
Detector(s) used
Magnifying glass
Primary Interest:
Other
I found this in South Western Michigan in the woods, near a small lake, probably not far from the Great Lakes. There were no other rocks of the same material as this one. The shape is very unique for where I found it. I don't know what to make of it. I can't tell if it has been worked or not. One edge is sharp. Once facet is colored-strange? I can't tell if this is paint or what? One side is smooth in a unique way. Hopefully the photos can tell you a bit. I am not sure what the material is but is very hard, dense, and heavy. It is about the size of a computer mouse.

Thank you for taking a look!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3940.webp
    IMG_3940.webp
    30.1 KB · Views: 175
  • IMG_3941.webp
    IMG_3941.webp
    32.7 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_3942.webp
    IMG_3942.webp
    28.6 KB · Views: 145
  • IMG_3943.webp
    IMG_3943.webp
    22.7 KB · Views: 151
  • IMG_3945.webp
    IMG_3945.webp
    32.5 KB · Views: 149
  • IMG_3948.webp
    IMG_3948.webp
    18.3 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_3951.webp
    IMG_3951.webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 150
  • IMG_3953.webp
    IMG_3953.webp
    19 KB · Views: 152
Upvote 0
Meteriotes will attract a magnet, they are very heavy even though they look like a regular rock sometimes....
 
justinemore is likely right. I can tell you, having collected meteorites for over 30 years now, that it is not a meteorite by it's appearance.....
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom