What's new

Strange Spoon??

doublet2a

Bronze Member
Joined
Apr 15, 2007
Messages
1,281
Reaction score
306
Golden Thread
0
Location
Lindsay, California
Detector(s) used
Minelab Sov. Elite 5", 8" & 10" coils. EXP II 8" & 10" coils with inline Sunray pin pointer. AT Pro 8" & 10" Coils, Equinox 600 10" and 5" coils.
This rang up as FOIL on my Sovereign Elite, and my friend's F5
I had my DISC up to just below nickle, If I hadn't of seen it, I would have never got it
First thought it was a ring, Then realized it was a Spoon,
Looks like it was made this way, not disc damage
(Well maybe the broken blade part)
Looks hand bent

Wm.A.Rogers
Silver, Nickle

I hunt Old Homes sites
Any Ideas???


Tim
 

Attachments

  • DSC03090.webp
    DSC03090.webp
    29.4 KB · Views: 577
  • DSC03091.webp
    DSC03091.webp
    52.4 KB · Views: 562
  • DSC03092.webp
    DSC03092.webp
    50.5 KB · Views: 553
Your first thought I believe was correct A ring, or at least an attempt to make it a ring, aka Spoon Ring. Here are the ones I have found......

Don
 

Attachments

  • spoonrings.webp
    spoonrings.webp
    63.4 KB · Views: 560
Upvote 0
Maybe it was part of a spoon windchime . My Grandma had one hanging on her porch when I was a kid .
 
Upvote 0
Interesting find! It looks like a broken spoon.

Here is some information about the WMA Rogers mark:

"The mark Wm. A. Rogers was used as early as 1897. It became part of Oneida silver around 1929, and Oneida employed the Wm. A. Rogers mark as late as 1978."

HH.
Moe
 
Upvote 0
Could it be a "snuff spoon", maybe a small one worn on the finger or attached to a chain?
 
Upvote 0
I think it was being made into a ring because the bend is so even. And I have seen some beautiful spoon rings, usually steriling silver.And it could double as a snuff spoon. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Baby feeding spoon?

1099.jpg


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0
Don in SJ said:
Your first thought I believe was correct A ring, or at least an attempt to make it a ring, aka Spoon Ring. Here are the ones I have found......

Don

that was my thought to
 
Upvote 0
My Lady was looking over my shoulder and said Wow, look at the neat napkin rings...So heres the results from eBay. Maybe, Just maybe.
 

Attachments

  • napkin ring.webp
    napkin ring.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 316
Upvote 0
does this mean its a guitar finger pick?
so i was correct?
Brady
 
Upvote 0
Looks like a modified guitar pick to me. Just my initial guess. -Noodle
 
Upvote 0
Yep Noodle and Buckleboy,

I have several - (unfortunately, none of them silver, though)guitar OR banjo finger pick. (they use them for both).

B
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom