Strange wheet penny from a store

Indyfan73

Nov 5, 2008
INDIANAPOLIS
Detector(s) used
white's to many to list
I WAS AT THE GAS STATION AFTER MY LAST HUNT AND BOUGHT MY GAS WENT IN FOR SOME SMOKES AND THIS CAME OUT OF THE CHAINGE MACHINE. I PASSED IT OFF AT FIST AND PUT IT WITH THE REST OF MY CHANGE TO GO THREW LATTER WHEN MY DAUGHTER BROUGHT THE CHANGE BOWL OUT AND WE WENT THREW IT AND IT WAS RIGHT THERE ON TOP AND I COULD NOT BELIVE THE SHAPE AND CONDISION OF THIS 1955 WHEATY

no scraches scuffs dings dints or where marks, o the big thing NO TARNISH ANYWHERE

Attachments

• 1955 wheat 01.jpg
    1955 wheat 01.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 912
  • 1955 wheat 02.jpg
    1955 wheat 02.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 914
Upvote 0

Captn SE

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2007
Southern CA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE; X-1 Target Probe; Pro Coil, 6x8 SEF, Coiltek Platypus Elliptical, Sunray X8, Expl. 1050 coils
It looks like the super rare double die variety too.....Nah, it's just your fuzzy pic!! :sign10: :icon_biggrin:

Always check your change! You're never going to get one out of the ground looking like that. ;D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

wirebender

Sep 11, 2007
California
hey I just found one of those also!! however, I think yours may be in better condition.. Try pressing the little flower button on your camera before taking the photos, that turns on the macro mode so you can focus on items up close.

JasonB

Feb 5, 2008
Alexandria, VA
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
'55's had the Double Die Obverse variation. check it closely for any doubling.

Good find.

Jason

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Captn_SE said:
It looks like the super rare double die variety too.....Nah, it's just your fuzzy pic!! :sign10: :icon_biggrin:

Always check your change! You're never going to get one out of the ground looking like that. ;D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

Hate to differ with you capn but I did find one like that last year. Strangest thing I EVER dug too. I cannot remember where I posted it on here but I did.

Most likely some kid got into someones coin collection and took it not knowing what it is. I see these occasionally at coin shops in little plastic baggies sometimes.

The one I dug up out of the ground wasn't very deep and it was under an evergreen tree. Now where is that darn post???

That is one NICE find!!! :thumbsup:

Evolution

Gold Member
Aug 2, 2007
Upstate NY
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX (with 4x6 shooter DD coil and 12" spider coil), Minelab Rocco 2700. (E-Trac)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find. I found 2 wheaties in change today too. A 1945 and a 1955. The 55 didnt look quite as good as yours though. :o :thumbsup:

Lucky boy

Jul 21, 2007
Houston Tx.
Detector(s) used
ACE250x2/Bounty Hunter 101/RadioShack
Captn_SE said:
It looks like the super rare double die variety too.....Nah, it's just your fuzzy pic!! :sign10: :icon_biggrin:[/u][/u][/u]Always check your change! You're never going to get one out of the ground looking like that. ;D

HH,
CAPTN SE
Dan

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! THAT WAS FUNNY! :D

olepossum

Apr 9, 2008
st. joseph missouri
Detector(s) used
old school whites cion master 6/db and dfx 300 ace 250
i got three 1955s from a poll that i got at the local coin and jewelry shop a monthe ago i about pooped i thought 3 nmuc55 wheatys woohoo we should have our own club we can call it the nmuc 55s

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions