Stress......................................

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stress on nature,the sun,wind,rain,.....it grows bigger and better in spite of it....people it kills.

Could it be the way we handle it.........with ANGER?

GOD Bless

Chris
What the @@$$$%÷÷××$@$ are you talking about! [emoji35]

LOL.....[emoji12]

squiggy

Silver Member
Dec 14, 2012
CA
Detector(s) used
Ace 250..garret pro pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exercise, spending time with friends and beloved animals..

Sent from my VS980 4G using Tapatalk

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Do you have stress in your life.......how do you respond to it?
First hope you know my post was in humor. ....

Lots of stress on my job. I install pots, dsl, and Cisco VOIP (voice and data) systems in businesses including Dr's offices, hospitals, medical centers, police and fire stations as well as repairing them and replacing them after lighting strikes.

Many of our installs are 20-100 phone installs and involved multiple pieces of equipment that have to loaded with IOS and then configured with customers configuration files.

When they aren't working properly customers start screaming...... I have been thrown out and walked out of abusive customer premises on more than a few occasions because they didn't like hearing it wasn't our equipment that was bad but rather their phone systems or equipment that was causing problem... on data problems they would have a bad switch or pc that banging the network.. ..

They may be paying for 10 -500 gig of data speed and their speed test shows 5-500 gig. They automatically assume it is our equipment and get angry when I disconnect their network and my speed test shows they get what they are paying for.

Customers think of speed, but we sell bandwidth, we sell the pipe, we are not responsible for problems before it gets to our equipment or for problems after it leaves our network...

41 days till my first SS check.[emoji3]

I excercise, metal detect, eat healthy, play with my 2 parrots and my wife is 20 years younger is how I deal with stress.[emoji12]

Last edited:

GMD52

Silver Member
Feb 22, 2013
Lake Champlain, Vt.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Chris, Stress is only in the mind, and if ignored will go away.....a walk in the woods, along the lakeshore, or simply sitting in a secluded area observing and listening to the environment are the ways I unwind...personally I don't believe in stress, which is why I survived my medical problems.....the mind tells the body whats wrong and heals, don't sweat the small stuff.....Gary

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Carbon based factors, humans included of course, were here before me and will be beyond my time.
The rest is bigger than my influence so why fight it?
People are people. The worst among them reoccur, just different names. I,m responsible for my well being so why get caught up and make others problem attitudes my own when I do?
I do that and make others problems my own on occasion. But do not have to constantly.
Sun will shine again no matter my consent..

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
AS usual, I look at things a bit different. Life is like a big picture or a stage. Everything is preordained, so why worry. Just think of peacefull things as you take care of the current situation. It's like whatever will be will be. Frank five star.png
Hay.jpg

Last edited:

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Getting in the fresh air even if its winter and getting a little exercise helps me beat stress as just talking to a friend does and being heard.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
Do you have stress in your life.......how do you respond to it?

Nope.For one thing dont sweat the small stuff,as a matter of fact dont sweat the big stuff.Dont sweat the things you cant change.Worrying about things you cant change is a waste of time and energy

OP
OP
worldtalker

worldtalker

Gold Member
May 11, 2011
Western Mass.
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Other
Let me be a bit more precise on stress.........does it touch a nerve?

GOD Bless

Chris

Stress: Deep in the Heart of You
People can get inside you and eat out your guts.

by Roy Masters

People can get inside you and eat out your guts; a metaphor for a certain wasp that lays a single egg that emerges nourished from the guts of its living caterpillar host.

You may remember my saying that the very moment you became resentful, something of the nature of the temptation got inside you. In the split-second before the resentment rose up in you to meet the challenge, you may have had a brief glimpse of the truth; namely, that the spirit of your tempter is pride and its nature is that of the beast. But your glimpse was a passing one, for the challenge to your inherited pride shot past your sentry and shut out the light making you overreact. Compounding all the old confusions inside, it diverted your attention from your growing inability to stand firm against intimidators.

dot.gif

Stop the endless loop
of tormenting thoughts!

Get this stress-reducing exercise - recommended
by psychologists and psychiatrists.

Be Still & Know
More Info

dot.gif

By making you focus resentfully upon outside threats and entangling your mind with fear and worry, the tempter prevents you from fully realizing the truth and relying on the faith in the common sense that would save you from sinking.

You might think of temptation as a tempest; once it gushes into your boat, the boat becomes unstable, less resistant to the rushing water. In the same way, when stress gets inside you, it becomes the "friend" of the temptation that is pouring in from the outside and getting ready to take over your life.

With a little navigational knowledge and understanding of the subtle currents flowing through the oceans of people surrounding you, you can discover how to guide your vessel -- i.e., yourself -- through the stormy seas.

First, you became upset; then, recalling the circumstances to mind, you resented the awareness of what was going on inside you.

Finally, you distracted yourself from that awareness by creating and attacking those superficial problems, while continually carrying on a rear-guard action against your conscience.

It is now such a firmly established pattern, you cannot deal with moment-by-moment events in thepresent. Primarily, it is because you are absent-minded -- your soul is not in the Presence. Emotionally entangled with intrigue, you are bound by memories of the past and with dreams of the future -- possibly revenge. You are away from that presence of mind, the only time frame available for action, where the real solution lives and awaits your recognition. It exists as the potential beyond conscience, awaiting your awareness of His right to govern.

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A walk on the beach, stress disappears.
Music, stress really becomes non-existent.
When possible, take a break from...or remove the cause of the stress.
heavy-bag workout, anger is gone.
As my dad says, Don't Sweat the Small Stuff ... and it's all small stuff. Easier said then done.

Last edited:

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
COPING WITH STRESS

1. Do your best - then resign yourself to what happens
  2. Ask yourself - will it really matter in six months time?
  3. Learn by your mistakes
  4. Put negative thoughts into context
  5. Realistically assess the chances of your worst fears happening
  6. Say no - occasionally
  7. Talk it over with a friend - someone you can trust

If that list doesn't appeal try this:

DigginDownUnder

May 20, 2014
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Gold
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is one thing that I do that relieves stress in minutes, but it's for another forum.

Metal detecting helps too.

Aug 20, 2009
New Hampshire
Detector(s) used
Garret Master hunter Cx Plus
Primary Interest:
Other
The secret is to not let things get to you.Takes practice but you'll get the hang of it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread