What's new

String Thing...I PULLED IT !

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was in our attic fixing insulation and I came across this thing . It's 5" long .

I really don't want to pull on the strings till know what it is .......in case it's one of those exploding party poppers or something .
 

Attachments

  • Picture 004 (3).webp
    Picture 004 (3).webp
    60.9 KB · Views: 804
  • Picture 005 (5).webp
    Picture 005 (5).webp
    74.8 KB · Views: 794
  • Picture 007 (2).webp
    Picture 007 (2).webp
    24.9 KB · Views: 807
  • Picture 009 (2).webp
    Picture 009 (2).webp
    27.4 KB · Views: 802
How cool is that? I was laughing so hard because I glanced at Mojjax's avatar when this was all going on! It fit perfect. Look at it you'll crack up. I'm glad your still with us my friend. And nice ID Rando....Kinda :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
There you go and ruin an irreplaceable artifact! We told you not to pull it! Or did we say.......???Never mind. Monty
 
Upvote 0
Monty said:
There you go and ruin an irreplaceable artifact! We told you not to pull it! Or did we say.......???Never mind. Monty
The cool thing about it ......once it's open , you pull the other string , an it goes back inside !
 
Upvote 0
Now that I know what it is , I checked my trusty 1895 Montgomery Ward catalogue ....sure enough , there's a bunch of them . Even one that looks like a cigar !
 

Attachments

  • Picture 010.webp
    Picture 010.webp
    28.8 KB · Views: 397
Upvote 0
in and out strings to control the fans deployment --those clever orientals what will they think of next?
 
Upvote 0
:D
mojjax said:
I pulled it !! It appears to be a Ladies Fan :o

We knew you couldn't resist! :D

What a cool little fan!
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
humm I've seen similar type items in the orient many times -- and I always thought they were of oriental design -- but it seems old otto got the "patent" for the design back in 1869 , maybe he saw it "overseas" and was the "first guy" to think of applying for the patent ---that happened fairly often back then you know . :wink: -- the telephone and several other "inventions" had multiple claimants often within days of one another .
 
Upvote 0
Re: String Thing...found in attic

Rando said:
I sent him a PM telling him what it is.....
???
And it does NOT explode. :icon_pirat:
You're all going to be surprised.
Congrats on the ID, even though it was in a PM. :icon_thumright: Great pics in the catalog mojjax.
 
Upvote 0
This has been soooo funny, and Ivan my Pa used to say that to me, not going to say why tho :-[
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom