What's new

Sunday Afternoons Finds

Americus

Silver Member
Joined
Sep 18, 2008
Messages
3,249
Reaction score
3,827
Golden Thread
0
Sunday Afternoon's Finds

I looked two fields today. One is sandy and had been planted in cucumbers. Even though they had harrowed the cucumber field a couple of weeks ago it is still had to look it because dried cucumber skin looks remarkably like chert. The other field is clay and is planted in cotton. I much prefer looking in sandy fields than clay. Points found in clay fields many times have a "stained" patina.


The point on the right came from sandy, the one on the right from clay.





These were from clay.





These are heartbreakers. The one on the left is from sandy. It would have been a killer. The one on the right is from clay.


 
Upvote 0
Yeah, That Georgia red clay isn't normally very nice to points. Nice finds! I really like that last one on the left.
 
I think the material there is more absorbent as well. Nice finds. I was thinking you were going to show a cucumber. I guess they have all been picked. The squash and zucs are really coming in here. Nice hunt and education. I am on the edge of some Alabama and Georgia red clay.
 
You don't show em no mercy. Great looking finds! My eyes watered up a little on that broke serrated point.
 
I think I should grow cucumbers more often!
 
Thats nice showing the difference between clay and sand finds. I know the red clay becomes like stone when its dried. Thats why I thought maybe the plow would break then when the deep plow is used. Of course in sand I do believe they will survive better seeing they would probably just move. You got some nice keepers on that hunt.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom