Sunk in areas

LuckyDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Ever wondered about small sunk in areas when your metal detecting in the park?
about 7 years ago I was metal detecting in glendale park, I notice some sunk in areas on the park ground. I ran my XLT over 1 and detected some coinage, I only dug up no more 2 inches deep found $3.00 in quarters covering the 2 inch deep hole, I went to another sunk in area the XLT detected jewery. I dug about 1 inches deep and found and found a ring and neckless.
So I 'm saying don't pass up sunk in areas you be surprised what detect in them. :thumbsup:

Upvote 0

RJGMC

Sep 6, 2008
KANSAS CITY METRO
Detector(s) used
SIMPLEX, EQUINOX AND TESORO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Lucky!

I mentioned how to find the sunken areas some months ago. Most of the barber dimes I have dug, came out near the low spots. As near as I can figure out, the low spots are where a tree stood a long time ago. After the wood finally rotted away, including the roots underground, the earth settled just a little. If you are looking for more low spots, go to the parks early in the morning or just before sundown. The light will then help you see them. Some are so slight that they are near invisible at high noon.. But just before sunset when the lighting is much different, they are very easy to see.

Good luck!

Bob

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
delta 4000 / ace 250 - used BH and many others too
however watch the size and shape * old grave sites "settle" too --if the site looks --say 6 -7 foot long and 3 -4 ft across long--- be very careful --could be a grave site area. -- if smaller and more "rounded" --might be a old tree area which folks often used to sit under for shade in the old days .(and losing stuff by its base area) :wink: :icon_thumright:

WIDirtFishing

Apr 29, 2010
Twin Cities, MN
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800

Past:
Tesoro Tiger Shark
Tesoro Silver uMax
AT Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ivan salis said:
however watch the size and shape * old grave sites "settle" too --if the site looks --say 6 -7 foot long and 3 -4 ft across long--- be very careful --could be a grave site area. -- if smaller and more "rounded" --might be a old tree area which folks often used to sit under for shade in the old days .(and losing stuff by its base area) :wink: :icon_thumright:

Its funny you should say that, cause I also like to dig the shallow spots. And I was in my friends back yard and I was showing him my detector and how it works and what not (this was about a month or so ago) and we were digging when we had a good steady tone. About a foot down was some bones? WHAT!?! and then a big old metal chain dog collar. HaHa :o it wasn't his dog, but mustve been the previous owners. So we filled the hole back in and remembered that spot lol

OP
OP
LuckyDragon

LuckyDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
1610916a4i5m8qs1f.gif
2938159234_649f316514.jpg

LOL , Not at your homes and not in grave yards, I mean at parks city parks.
And why are you digging dead corps anyway? you enjoy getting gross out?

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
lucky dragon * --many "parks" could have old "small" family type or long ago "abandoned" * graveyards in them (graveyards that filled up space wize * long ago --so no new persons are being buried in it to bring in "income" for their "upkeep"--- as many years go by and all the "living" people who knew the people buried there die off -- it becomes a "forgotten" graveyard -- and goes to seed --often these are sold to cities or deeded in such a way that they become "parks" thus my warning -- look carefully at the "size and shape" of the sunk in BEFORE DIGGING IT :wink: :icon_thumright:

ps corpse * not corps -- ones a dead body --the other is --- the marines

OP
OP
LuckyDragon

LuckyDragon

Apr 6, 2004
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Ok, well lucky the finds was that deep.
that god it was not a grave matter JK LOL
I do remenber I found that quater back than when I was metal detecting
at old gas station my xlt big up a strong tone and scape of about 1 inch of dirt and found a quater wedged 2 teeth on old jaw bone.
the person the was a big gas exsplodion there.

ivan salis

Gold Member
Feb 5, 2007
callahan,fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
old two bit sam eh?

what do with the jaw bone? --turn it in ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread