What's new

Super Lunch Run.......

LJ

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 23, 2006
Messages
3,469
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On my lunch break today I went to nearby bank to cash in my returns from yesterdays two boxes. Since I didn't have any boxes coming in today I stopped by a couple of banks that I had gone to back when I started CRH'ing in late January.

The first bank had 1 roll of halves.....2 40%'ers. The 2nd bank that I stopped at said they had 34 rolls. This same bank told me they had none a few months ago so either it was a lazy teller or someone dumped these rolls during that time.

When the teller brought them out I saw writing on most of the rolls. As she was laying them out to count them I saw rolls labeled 1964...some labeled 40%.....some labeled 1969 uncirculated......1966 uncirculated....some labeled 65-69.....I am thinking to myself.....OMG......could these be actually what they were. The teller made a comment about wondering why all the writing.....so I immediately started talking about how pretty the weather was....lol.

When I got to my car....I started checking these rolls......of the rolls I checked on my way back to the office, each roll contained exactly what they were labeled with. I got goose bumps!!!! I am about to leave the office and I am going straight home to check the balance, but I think there will be at least 20 rolls of full silver. I don't think I have ever been this excited on finds before.

Once I get home and get this all sorted out I will post pictures with the labeled rolls. What is sad about this is I envision some elderly woman bringing these to the bank after her husband has passed away....although I am as excited as I have ever been....I am saddened also. This has to be the case.....they were labeled EXACT!

I had to post.....more to come......
 
Upvote 0
neat finds! that must have been stolen or someone who didn't know their value. like the old saying goes "their loss it your gain" i just can't believe you found that much silver! wouldn't it been nice to find a whole roll of 1970! :o
 
Super find! It reminds me of the time a relative swiped some of my dad's coins... I think he traded them for drugs... or cash at a pawn shop.

Still, better for you to have them then a bank!
 
sadly thats just the kind of thing I'm talking about--today most honest "pawn" shops or coin dealers will make you show id and record the transaction ---thus making it hard for "crooks" to get "full" silver value for the coins without leaving a "paper trail"---so the crooks go outta town and dump them at the first bank they can find ar "face" value for "paper money" to buy dope or booze or whatever with. Ivan
 
Like some others said, go back to that bank and buy every roll of dimes and quarters, heck, ask them if they have any dollars, if the the tellers there are that dense, they might have rolls of Morgans kicking around...around here you're lucky to get any unmarked rolls that have not been picked through let alone ones telling you what's in them..
 
Thanks all. I think I will go back to see if they have any of the other denominations. You never know, it doesn't hurt to check.

I was just lucky because with these rolls being labeled like they were, the teller that took these in obviosuly didn't know anything about silver coinage otherwise they would have never even made it to the vault.
 
HEY GIRL!! YOU GOT TO BE THE LUCKYIEST HUNTER AROUND,WOW! ;) MICHAEL
 
That's the greatest CRHing find I've ever heard of.

Please spread the good fortune to those who you come in contact with.......... and maybe alittle luck to your yankee pals in ohio

I second that!

And big time congratulations! I hope you have many more such finds!
 
Dang LJ!! You're killin' me out here! I was still feeling good about my recent finds until I read this post! Major congrats on a killer find!!!!!! I gotta get busy...

HH Mark
 
Wow! What a find! :D Amazing :o

I have read on this forum for a couple weeks. Very impressive finds, made me jealous. finally figured how to make a comment. thanks to the son. he is the computer wiz. ... Just wanted to tip my hat to the lady on a fantastic find and thanks for sharing it. ;D
 
mountainman 2 said:
That has to be the single best day of anyone posting here. Congrads LJ. And with that one stop,you are over half way to the 4000 mark. Amazing.

fiatboy said:
That's the greatest CRHing find I've ever heard of.

Please spread the good fortune to those who you come in contact with.......... and maybe alittle luck to your yankee pals in ohio

I second that!

And big time congratulations! I hope you have many more such finds!

Thanks again all but, I wanted to get this straight about the biggest find.....mine is definitely not. Check this one out by Tim in on 2-28-07....took me a while to find this post but here it is.......enjoy.....

http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,72511.0.html
 
that is a great haul! maybe I should start hunting in LA and MS...that type of luck is harder to come by in more urban areas!
 
I like to search rolls for mine.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom