What's new

Suprise key date Walker

fistfulladirt

Gold Member
Joined
Feb 21, 2008
Messages
12,256
Reaction score
4,968
Golden Thread
0
Location
Great Lakes State
Detector(s) used
dirtfishing
Primary Interest:
Other
I didn't CRH a solid silver roll, had to pay the teller $100. Got 10 sequential date Franklins, and 10 Walkers. She also had a bunch of no-date buffalos. She had some paper bills which I know nothing about, including a '28 $2 bill. I passed on those and first checked out the dates on the Walkers. I hope this one coin paid for the roll, would be nice, it be a '38 D

FFD
 

Attachments

  • 021009.webp
    021009.webp
    6.1 KB · Views: 203
  • 021009a.webp
    021009a.webp
    6.7 KB · Views: 195
Upvote 0
I think it probably paid for all of them, can you take a closer picture of both front & back for grading?


Chris
 
Wow, this must be the year for key date halves. Congrads,what do you think it grades?
 
Did you say you paid $100 to a bank teller for $10 in face value coins. I'm not sure what bank that is but isn't it illegal for the bank to sell currency at a premium? Maybe I misunderstood.

redwolf
 
redwolf74 said:
Did you say you paid $100 to a bank teller for $10 in face value coins. I'm not sure what bank that is but isn't it illegal for the bank to sell currency at a premium? Maybe I misunderstood.

redwolf
Sorry. They were not the bank's coin. They were teller's personal stash that she brought in per my request. Sold over her lunchtime....Told her to get a quote, I really don't think she cared, and was probably suprised she could get $5 apiece for 'em.

FFD
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom