🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
that's a Fresh Cache !!!!!!!!!!!

look how Copper & Shiny those Zinclons are :laughing7:

That paper money, although Shredded isn't moldy either

Untitledfresh.jpg

says the last one buried was assumed to be buried in the late 70s.
Still hard to swallow unless the Plastic jar was air tight.
the Copper Lincolns look too shiny not to Be newer.

Still awesome Cash Finds though !

I just wonder how confident on age they are.

By the way, They were found By one of our Sponsers,
who could probably update their findings.

http://www.treasurenet.com/forums/metal-detecting-stuff/

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
OP
OP
EccentricInTexas

EccentricInTexas

Jan 14, 2013
Central Texas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 11DD coil 11x15DD coil 6DD coil
Schiebel AN-19/2,
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro,
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 505,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
There is a newer video up that explains the situation and they think that it might have been buried around 2000. They also said that they think the jar these were in was broken by a backhoe the owner was using a few weeks before they searched it. If It were faked I would assume they would have had better video and photos of it. Either way I would loved to find a cache so big that I need a wheel barrow to move it in!!!

MLively

Jan 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on another fourm with some of those guys. I don't believe it was faked but I do know that they were contacted by the family and dug all of that for free, just to be a part of the recovery process and to know that caches really do exist like these even in today's times.

Proud to be a Texan!

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm on another fourm with some of those guys. I don't believe it was faked but I do know that they were contacted by the family and dug all of that for free, just to be a part of the recovery process and to know that caches really do exist like these even in today's times.

Proud to be a Texan!

Yea I would never believe it was faked.
they would have known from ground conditions if someone tried to pull something over on them.
plus the amount of coins & caches there wouldn't suggest a scam.
that's allot of work just burying the caches. :laughing7:

just age was obviously off by my beliefs :thumbsup:

MLively

Jan 16, 2014
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I could be mistaken but I believe they found a total of 3 caches on this site, and there were still 2 more that they didn't find. Bummer is that the land owners were getting the property ready for resale, I believe it was inherited.

Proud to be a Texan!

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We were involved in this recovery. There were 7 caches estimated to be buried in the 70's. We dug three and showed the owner where two more were located. There are still two missing. The first video had poor audio and video, coins from the 30's-70's were found in a 5 gallon glass jar which was broken recently by a box blade. That's why they were put in the wheelbarrow. The milk carton had mostly silver coins in it. The second video (on our home page) shows us digging a one gallon plastic container we found at 32" deep that contained 500 90% silver halfs in a investment bag. The bag fell apart as we opened the container.

We did this for the experience and to help a couple of people in need.- the property owner had cancer and the money was going for his treatment. We did accept a few coins from each cache as a souvenir.

We have heard people say we shouldn't have used a shovel, adrenaline takes over when you uncover something like this.we will be better prepared the next time.

The takeaway and the main reason for showing this is to let everyone know caches are still out there and still being buried. Two of the caches registered as a single coin, the third was found with a two box type configuration.

So the next time you think about not digging that penny signal, remember what we found.

Wayne

www.metaldetectingstuff.com

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What 2-box did you use?

great finds!!!!!

Last edited:

Metal Detecting Stuff

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Mar 19, 2012
Spring TX
Detector(s) used
CTX3030/F75LTD/ Garrett AtPro/ XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
What 2-box did you use?

great finds!!!!!

We used the Garrett GTI2500 with the eagle eye Treasurehound depth multiplier. The first two caches did register on our other standard detectors, but the 500 silver halfs bucket was 32 inches deep and only registered on the GTI.

Wayne

Www.metaldetectingstuff.com

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I will accept the post at face value. The only problem I can see is the ground is DRY and dusty there. Frank... 111-1 profile.jpg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread