Sweet Indian in the Pocket change

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped at Our local Dunkin Donuts shop and got a coffee and 2 donuts , but the Sweetest treat of the stop was in the change they gave Me back . I seen the Indian in My hand when She dropped the change in it , quickly I closed My hand and put in away, Walked as fast as I could to the car and dug it back out of My pocket... I was in shock and had to giggle at the same time , the Owners of D.D. are from India ...
Its a 1909 I.H. in GREAT Shape !!! DSC_0054.JPG DSC_0058.JPG

Upvote 18

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I stopped at Our local Dunkin Donuts shop and got a coffee and 2 donuts , but the Sweetest treat of the stop was in the change they gave Me back . I seen the Indian in My hand when She dropped the change in it , quickly I closed My hand and put in away, Walked as fast as I could to the car and dug it back out of My pocket... I was in shock and had to giggle at the same time , the Owners of D.D. are from India ...
Its a 1909 I.H. in GREAT Shape !!! View attachment 959766 View attachment 959767

Pfft, you might as well go play powerball...The best I got in regards to change was a 1948 qtr...nice job, make sure you tip well your local dunkin doughnuts employee..lol

treblehunter

Gold Member
Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur II
XP Deus
Garrett pro pointer
XP Deus MI-6 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I hope the do gooders don't bash your political correctlessness, me myself just really did laugh out loud! I bet it came out of one of there penny rolls. Nice find, and great joke!

flatbutton

Bronze Member
Aug 21, 2013
Eastern N.C.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE, Tesoro Sand Shark,Nautilus DMC 1, Garrett Grand Master Hunter,Garrett Master Hunter 5 , Whites Coinmaster 5000/D
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congrats! And darn great shape too!

OP
OP
gman7665

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I usually toss the change in the Tip jar on the counter But My eyes must have bugged out when I seen it ? lol I thought they dident know or even notice it , It has been really cold here in N.Y. today and yesterday so they probably been busy.

justdon

Bronze Member
Aug 6, 2013
Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics delta4000/Tesoro compadre/Garrett ace 250/Garrett propointer/Garrett at pro/Tesoro silver umax
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats.You lucky dog i have been hunting my butt off for an ih for the last 8 months and they give you one.HH

Argentium

Gold Member
Feb 2, 2008
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Whites, MXT.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Amazing ! I'm stunned that you could get a century old coin in change - all things are possible !

Jim in Idaho

Silver Member
Jul 21, 2012
Blackfoot, Idaho
Detector(s) used
White's GM2, GM3, DFX, Coinmaster, TDI-SL, GM24K, Falcon MD20, old Garrett Masterhunter BFO
'Way Too Cool' dual 18 Watt UV light
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Nice find! A couple of years ago, I found a 1919 wheatie in my change.
Jim

Stripeythecrab

Apr 4, 2013
WI, USA
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Dunkin' Donuts must have some sort of numismatic blessing over it. I received a 1963A $1 FRN in my change from a DD in New Jersey this summer! Sweet find! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
gman7665

gman7665

Mar 1, 2013
Campville New York
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ours is right off the Highway also so they get a lot of travelers ...

SusanMN

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2007
Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tiger Shark, Xterra 705, Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not just an indian, but a beautiful one at that.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions