2 c Flour
2 tb Sugar
1 1/2 ts Baking powder
1/2 ts Salt
2 c Milk
1/2 c Melted butter/margarine
4 Egg separated

Preparation :
For Cherry Sauce: Combine sugar, cornstarch and cinnamon; add orange juice, cherries and orange peel. Bring to a boil over medium high heat; boil until thickened. Serve warm cherry sauce over waffles; top with sweetened whipped cream. For Waffles: Combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine milk, melted butter and egg yolks. Add to dry ingredients; stir just to moisten. Fold in stiffly beaten egg whites. Bake in waffle iron according to manufacturer's directions. TIP: Belgian waffles can be made ahead and frozen in freezer proof plastic bags or aluminum foil. Toast frozen waffles in toaster oven or bake at 325 degrees for 12-15 minutes.

OR

Peaches and Cream French Toast

1 loaf French Bread sliced diagonally into 3/4-inch slices
6 eggs
2 cups light cream (half & half)
1/4 cup peach preserves
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons peach syrup
***PEACH SAUCE***
1 1/3 cup sugar (cut sugar way down if your are using juice from frozen peaches)
2 tablespoons cornstarch
1 pinch salt
1 lemon, zest of
1 tablespoon peach syrup
4 cups fresh peaches (or frozen, see above)
1 1/3 cup water

In a saucepan, combine sugar, cornstarch, water, salt, zest and peach syrup. Cook until thickened.

Add peaches, bring to boil again, serve over French toast. Enjoy!

Attachments

• another-job-finished-people-babies-62600.jpg
    another-job-finished-people-babies-62600.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 255
  • another-job-finished-people-babies-62600.jpg
    another-job-finished-people-babies-62600.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 235

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Uh....Gypsy Cook, I should be getting up around 6 on the 14th so anytime after that you can serve me the waffles and cherry sauce ;D

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
wesfrye53 said:
Uh....Gypsy Cook, I should be getting up around 6 on the 14th so anytime after that you can serve me the waffles and cherry sauce ;D

:D :D

The idea was a simple recipe for the guys to serve the women Wessy.....

Cynangyl

Gold Member
Apr 12, 2007
God's lap
Detector(s) used
X-terra 70
ACE 250
Yeah Wessy....I get up at 3am.....I will take the french toast......what time do you get up Gypsy? Surely he can have both our breakfasts ready! :D :D

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Yeah Gypsy Cook, what time do you get up. Of course I will take a days vacation from work to serve both you lovely ladies Breakfast in Bed. Just set the fixing stuff on the counter, I'll come in real quiet-like and fix you right up! :o

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Deep in the Ozark Mountains
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ3D, Whites TM 808, Sharptronics DSP-03
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsy...Can't I just microwave you an eggo...Besides its the thought that counts...right?

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
stevesno said:
Gypsy...Can't I just microwave you an eggo...Besides its the thought that counts...right?
With Peach Syrup?
Will you make Cyn one too? Because Wessy is just getting a little frisky....... :D

wesfrye53

Bronze Member
Apr 11, 2007
Springfield, TN
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 202
Gypsy Cook, it's a miracle, I'm born again and now see the light.

Can I now serve you your breakfast in bed? ::)

And of course, I'll then go to Cyn's house so that I can serve her breakfast in bed....remember Cyn, I've seen the light! ::)

Kas

Bronze Member
Jan 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Mx sport
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I'll let the local breakfast joint cook.

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Thanks for the reminder wessy, but I already have my breakfast being served in bed covered.,...guess it will just be you serving Cyn.....Happy Valentines!

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
wesfrye53 said:
Just a reminder to ya Gypsy Cupid and Cyn; set out the stuff tomorrow night for Thursday's breakfast! ;D
Wes.....When you bring Gypsy breakfast....could you please try and not wake me...I need a tad more sleep than she does... ..Steve

OP
OP
Gypsy Heart

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
stevesno said:
wesfrye53 said:
Just a reminder to ya Gypsy Cupid and Cyn; set out the stuff tomorrow night for Thursday's breakfast! ;D
Wes.....When you bring Gypsy breakfast....could you please try and not wake me...I need a tad more sleep than she does... ..Steve

Steve, If you keep this up people are going to start thinking you are in love with me or something? .....and remember....I like peach syrup on the waffles.....

stevesno

Feb 27, 2006
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gypsyheart said:
stevesno said:
wesfrye53 said:

Steve, If you keep this up people are going to start thinking you are in love with me or something? .....and remember....I like peach syrup on the waffles.....
Or something .....would be more like it... Ok... both of the above... :o Ofcourse the waffles will be served to you in the traditional Snowden valentine method....you will be blindfolded and not given any eating utensils...

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions