Swine Flu Vaccine

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
So I am somewhat of a conspiracy nut and I will not deny it.

Given the recent chain of events the WHO has sped up research into and production of a vaccine for the Swine Flu. This effort will be undertaken by several different nations and who knows what the end result will be.

So given that would you voluntarily take a Swine Flu vaccine if they offered you one?

Minstrel

Oct 12, 2008
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Detector(s) used
Garrett-GTI-2500
Nope, not even---Never took one in my life--only had the mild flu in over 25 yrs a couple times--when cold, flu season is on I avoid crowded areas--stay in the fresh air--works for me anyway.
Minstrel

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From what I heard it would be 6 months before any vaccine could even be produced.
But I guess if people start dieing in huge numbers, I would probably take a chance on the vaccine if others survive after taking it.

GG~

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
I heard they were having some success with Tamaflu. Thank goodness GW Bush had the forsight to stockpile tens of thousands of doses. Fixing the mess he inherited from Klinton wasn't easy but Mission Accomplished.

aa battery

Gold Member
Oct 11, 2006
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i wanted to make a joke but i will wait to see what happens :icon_scratch:

B

BIG61AL

hmmmmm how quickly everyone has forgotten about polio and Salk's vaccine.

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Urban Prospector said:
I heard they were having some success with Tamaflu. Thank goodness GW Bush had the forsight to stockpile tens of thousands of doses. Fixing the mess he inherited from Klinton wasn't easy but Mission Accomplished.

Ya think the media will ever give Bsuh credit for that?? :wink:

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mainedigger said:
Urban Prospector said:

Ya think the media will ever give Bush credit for that?? :wink:

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think it is all a bunch of media poop. Look at the data on people dying when they contracted the common types of flu. You might be surprised that this flu is no different. Just something for the media to catch your attention. To heck with the shot.

Burdie

Goodyguy

Gold Member
Mar 10, 2007
Arizona
Detector(s) used
Whites TM 808, Whites GMT, Tesoro Lobo Super Traq, Fisher Gold Bug 2, Suction Dredges, Trommels, Gold Vacs, High Bankers, Fluid bed Gold Traps, Rock Crushers, Sluices, Dry Washers, Miller Tables, Rp4
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Burdie said:
I think it is all a bunch of media poop. Look at the data on people dying when they contracted the common types of flu. You might be surprised that this flu is no different. Just something for the media to catch your attention. To heck with the shot.

Burdie

20,000 die from regular flu each year in the USA.
http://www.wrongdiagnosis.com/f/flu/deaths.htm

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I take the flu shot every year and it makes me a little sick for a couple of days about half of the time but I haven't had the flu after taking the shot. It works for me. The odd thing about when they do make me a little sick is that I can tell within 20 or 30 seconds that something is just not right and I get an odd feeling, like a switch has been flipped and my body goes into defense mode or something and I get a fever shortly after that.

As for a swine flu shot, they are in a big hurry to develope it and I would be hesitant to be first in line to take it. I guess if thousands were to die from the swine flu I would take my chances with the shot.

DANGLANGLEY

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, I won't take it. I've spent my whole life doing all I can not to even take normal medicines, so that my body's immune system is capable of protecting itself. I only take medicines if things get bad and I "have" to. Otherwise, I just ride it out and let my body do it's thing. It's worth feeling like crap for a little while if my body can beat it off on its own.
Same goes for this "flu" ::)

Bran <><

BuckleBoy

Gold Member
Jun 12, 2006
Moonlight and Magnolias
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like TreasureNet will be a Ghost Town after the epidemic. :wink:

godisnum1

Silver Member
May 7, 2005
Saint Petersburg, FL
Detector(s) used
Nokta Legend Pro Pack, Nokta Legend WHP w/ LG24 coil, Nokta Pulse Dive Pinpointer, White's IDX Pro (x2), Vibraprobe 570
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
BuckleBoy said:
Sounds like TreasureNet will be a Ghost Town after the epidemic. :wink:
I wish it were that easy to break this T-Net addiction.... :D

Bran <><

Muddy Treats

Mar 28, 2009
Where The Rivers Meet, WV
Detector(s) used
White's DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope, i would not take it. I'll stick to my juice plus instead. I haven't had the flu or a cold since i started taking juice plus over two years ago. great stuff.

MD Dog

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2007
Please don't yell !
From what I've read. The reason certain flu's are deadly to the healthy populations is because of their immune systems being in good condition. Their bodies immunity system goes overboard and that is what kills the person. The lungs fill with fluid and you drown in your own juices, because your body overproduces the normal phlegm used to cough out viruses.

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
MD Dog said:
From what I've read. The reason certain flu's are deadly to the healthy populations is because of their immune systems being in good condition. Their bodies immunity system goes overboard and that is what kills the person. The lungs fill with fluid and you drown in your own juices, because your body overproduces the normal phlegm used to cough out viruses.

And thus people get tired of coughing so much, that they go overboard with cough drops and cough syrup as they get tired of the constant cough. Too many try to treat pneumonia themselves with over the counter stuff instead of going to the doctor.

Urban Prospector

Feb 21, 2007
N OC CA
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT,Compass 94B & 77B
Mainedigger said:
Urban Prospector said:

Ya think the media will ever give Bsuh credit for that?? :wink:

To My surprise Pres. Obama did in his prime time address last night.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread