Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800
Minelab Explorer II
Garrett MASTER HUNTER 7
Garrett ADS DEEPSEEKER
Compass X100
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
yeah i have one but don't use it much. It hooks to detector with a bungee cord.
What I don't like is how it gets in the way of things. Kellyco sells one.
It transfers weight from arms and shoulders to back muscles. It does work but has some restrictions if you are hunting the woods, etc.

has a safety like belt that goes around waist and over your shoulder. Bungee hooks from this belt to your detector just below box heading towards the coil.

erikk

Jan 6, 2007
Punta Gorda FL
Detector(s) used
EX2',CZ7a pro,Excaliburs 1000 & 2, F-75's ,Garrett Sea Hunter & Infinium LS PI , 1235X
I use one all the time when I am using my EX2 and either a 12 or the 15 inch WOT. Really helps and you can hunt all day with very little effort.

Don in SJ

Silver Member
May 20, 2005
Detector(s) used
MINELAB SE Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I bought one years ago from the guy who made them and they are totally a pain in the neck?(sort of) Actually I could not use it in the woods, since the cord and harness got in the way with the brush too much. I guess maybe for beach hunting and field hunting it might be alright, but I have a bad back and I felt as if it hurt the back more than helped. It does take the weight off the arms, but regardless, your body is still swinging the same detector.

Thus, mine has sat in a bag for a few years now.

Don

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
Been thinking about buying one. I don't hunt in the woods. They gave one away as a prize at the CTH Hunt and I was hoping to win it. The guy that won it gave it to another attendee of the hunt. I was going to buy it from him but I was too slow. :(

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
These are very simple to make on your own. Just a cord with a large loop to put over your head and fasten the other end to the coil. I used to make these and sold them to detector shops where they would resale them for $19.95.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread