What's new

Symbol on cane end ?

mojjax

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2005
Messages
4,564
Reaction score
4,092
Golden Thread
0
Location
MAINE
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't know if it's a symbol or fancy initials ? Part of the stick part has broken off , so it would have been longer .
 

Attachments

  • stick 002.webp
    stick 002.webp
    15.6 KB · Views: 401
  • stick 005.webp
    stick 005.webp
    21.8 KB · Views: 403
  • stick 006.webp
    stick 006.webp
    16.7 KB · Views: 400
  • stick 001.webp
    stick 001.webp
    11.7 KB · Views: 394
I would say it is a Gothic 'O'.

alphabet-7-tn.jpg


DCMatt
 
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • OldEnglishO.webp
    OldEnglishO.webp
    3.7 KB · Views: 418
Upvote 0
Thanks DCmatt & Breezie . That makes sense , people that once lived here had the last name Ogden .
 
Upvote 0
mojjax said:
Thanks DCmatt & Breezie . That makes sense , people that once lived here had the last name Ogden .

There ya go . . .the Ogdens. You're welcome, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Looks like an O to me. We are seeing the letter upside down so I think what is being looked at as the 'tail' on a Q is actually staining on the cane end.
 
Upvote 0
GopherDaGold said:
Looks like an O to me. We are seeing the letter upside down so I think what is being looked at as the 'tail' on a Q is actually staining on the cane end.

Yes, O on the cane handle. The letter O Breezie found/posted looks more like Q if compared with alphabet BCH posted.
 
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Mackaydon said:
I agree with Gopher; it's an unside down (as we see it) "O"; there is no 'tail' for a 'Q' if placed in its proper alignment.
That might be right Don.....but the letter Breezie posted is a Q :thumbsup:

SS
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
Mackaydon said:
I agree with Gopher; it's an unside down (as we see it) "O"; there is no 'tail' for a 'Q' if placed in its proper alignment.
That might be right Don.....but the letter Breezie posted is a Q :thumbsup:

SS
Thanks SS. I thought maybe I was going nuts.
 
Upvote 0
Flipped and magnified.
 

Attachments

  • stick 006MAG.webp
    stick 006MAG.webp
    10.1 KB · Views: 220
Upvote 0
GopherDaGold said:
Flipped and magnified.
Mackaydon said:
My comment related to only Mojjax's find.
We understand LOL. ;D Geez nobody ever thought that there was a Q on the cane. O on the cane is correct.:icon_thumright:

We are only referring to the letter Q that Breezie mistakenly posted in reply #2. Her link wrongly calls it an O and nobody seemed to notice. :icon_scratch: I guess its not important.
 
Upvote 0
Wonder what an O looks like from the same site? Have to admit it is a rather fancy Q :D
 
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom