Taking a shower

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to ask am I the only one that thinks it's ok the wash off your CTX while you take a shower? My wife said I was crazy because I do it when the machine needs a good cleaning it just makes sense to me and saves on water. So I hope one of you guys will say you do so I can show my wife I'm not the only one. Dig until your arm falls off

Last edited:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I shower with my Sand Shark all the time! :occasion14:

OP
OP
recondigger

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
garrett at4 beach hunter, bounty hunter,CZ-5,CZ-7, Minelab EXP SE, Garrett ACE-150, E-Trac, CTX 3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
See I knew I wasn't the only one

Dig until your arm falls off

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Excaliburs hit the shower with me after every outing.....along with my wetsuit and/or booties if I used them.

mope540

Jun 29, 2011
Yonder
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, X1 probe, SEF 8X6 coil.

AT Gold, 5X8 coil, Garrett PP

Equinox 800, 6" coil

Oldest coin to date...1829 large cent
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hear that the CTX is a miracle machine that can do it all...don't drop the soap

Dec 12, 2010
Kentucky
Detector(s) used
Fisher Gold Bug DP, Fisher F19 LTD, Minelab Safari, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett AT Pro Pointer, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche Digger, Lesche Ground Shark Shovel, 9.5x5.5 NEL Sharpshooter Coil (Safari), 9.5x
Funny! :laughing7: I put my AT Pro in the shower the other day. Hey, why not? LOL. :tongue3:

S

stefen

I think all of you have been out in the sun too long without the benefit of a tin foil hat...

It's far better to take a shower with the wife...just ask me and I will point out the benefits...just like washing a car...there's a bumper, several ..., never mind...:laughing7:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think all of you have been out in the sun too long without the benefit of a tin foil hat... It's far better to take a shower with the wife...just ask me and I will point out the benefits...just like washing a car...there's a bumper, several ..., never mind...:laughing7:
That might lead to more mouths to feed and cut into detecting time! :laughing7:

Pointman

Silver Member
Feb 18, 2013
Arkansas
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
I’ve used about all modern ones but right now: CTX 3030, White’s MXT Pro, XP Deus, Vaquero, White’s TRX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Good idea. I have placed mine under the water stream in the bathtub, but I have a shower wand in my stand up shower that I could try.

OP
OP
recondigger

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has to be one of the best threads.

OP
OP
recondigger

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i hear that the CTX is a miracle machine that can do it all...don't drop the soap
I can see it now on kellyco as part of a "treasure hunting package" when you order your CTX you get a shower cap and a soap on a rope with a Minelab logo on it.

sask hunter

Aug 26, 2013
yorkton saskatchewan
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter tro/bfo
ace 250
teknetics 4000
atp pro
minelab ctx 3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is starting to scare me lol

D.A.D.D.-Dads against daughters dating

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya'll must be on city sewage. :laughing7:
No way I'm filling up my septic tank with beach sand from the litter box!
rawr :cat:

OP
OP
recondigger

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ya'll must be on city sewage. :laughing7: No way I'm filling up my septic tank with beach sand from the litter box! rawr :cat:
Yeah I'm on town sewage and a fresh water hunter not many sandy beaches here

foiler

Mar 17, 2013
Kansas
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Wilson-Neuman, Whites, Minelab, Tesoro and others I've long since forgotten
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
All my equipment has a coating of car sealer (clear-coat). Nothing sticks, a damp cloth wipes away any dirt. If you know anyone that works at a new car dealership ask them for a cup of the stuff. They make their money selling the warranty, the mfg gives them the product. I get mine from a Honda dealership. Make sure whatever your coating is clean and brush or wipe it on. I use to use car wax and re-wax every year, one coat of this stuff lasts for years.

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I can see it now on kellyco as part of a "treasure hunting package" when you order your CTX you get a shower cap and a soap on a rope with a Minelab logo on it. Dig until your arm falls off
and a box of condoms for your pin pointer.....:laughing7:

OP
OP
recondigger

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
and a box of condoms for your pin pointer.....:laughing7:
but not just any old condoms really cheap ones with their web address on the side. Dig until your arm falls off

Last edited:

Iron Patch

Gold Member
Sep 28, 2007
Dirtyville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been brought up as a topic on watch forums, about showing with your watch on, and many don't because of the steam. I guess if you're taking cold showers it's not an issue... and there's clearly an opening for a joke with that one!

OP
OP
recondigger

recondigger

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2012
Western New York
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This has been brought up as a topic on watch forums, about showing with your watch on, and many don't because of the steam. I guess if you're taking cold showers it's not an issue... and there's clearly an opening for a joke with that one!
I have thought about that and when I clean it I make sure the water is not hot enough to make it steam up just to be safe.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Ya'll must be on city sewage. :laughing7: No way I'm filling up my septic tank with beach sand from the litter box! rawr :cat:
.. Yes that would be my problem dirt and sand going in my septic…… I would never take my detector in the shower … Got to keep a close eye on what goes in to the septic……….

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions