talented videographers producers needed

stilllookin

Apr 3, 2010
Vermont
We see all the time the concern over losing our prospecting or treasure hunting rights. Does anyone know of a good documentary depicting our hobbies? Showing the benefits to the economy and yes our environment. I would love to present our legislators with a copy and also try and get our local public access channel to show it. I know it's next to impossible to move some environmentalists, the ones who don't think we should get off the pavement, but maybe with some good documentaries we could persuade some that we are not out to destroy the Earth. Just my thoughts.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
stilllookin said:
We see all the time the concern over losing our prospecting or treasure hunting rights. Does anyone know of a good documentary depicting our hobbies? Showing the benefits to the economy and yes our environment. I would love to present our legislators with a copy and also try and get our local public access channel to show it. I know it's next to impossible to move some environmentalists, the ones who don't think we should get off the pavement, but maybe with some good documentaries we could persuade some that we are not out to destroy the Earth. Just my thoughts.

One does not exist.

Again, this is where distributors, dealers and manufacturers need to STEP UP. My opinion of course.

OP
OP
stilllookin

stilllookin

Apr 3, 2010
Vermont
Terry;
Thank you, I knew as much but was trying to stir some interest and get just one individual motivated. Someone more creative than I am. The replies to this post shows I don't have what it takes or everyone is out for what he can get while he can get it, and let matters fall where they may. I did try to get the discovery channel interested to no avail. I don't even turn on to Gold fever Prospecting or Prospecting America anymore as it's the same programs over and over and over. Apparently there are enough nubees to keep the show going. I'm done.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow, all of that acreage and all they find is 3 cents :dontknow: :laughing7:

Just kidding, couldn't pass that by. :tongue3: It is refreshing to see the coexistence of metal detecting and museums. You have to remember, it's not the museums that oppose to the digging, but the archeologists..

The reason :dontknow: Money :headbang: You really don't think the majority of archeologists are in it to save history, they are there for the money and grants they get.. Take away that insensitive and you will almost be able to detect where you please :laughing7:

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
relichunters said:
My business partner owners a small video production company, if you need a custom one made up.

You know Mike, maybe if we got enough independent dealers, businesses like my adventure travel companies, and the big detector companies and distributors to kick in the dough - and your partner was willing to be kind to us, we could actually put together a Five-minute promotional video. Even if the big guys didn't come on board I bet we could do it. It would take lots of planning and storyboarding, but it could be a great project. Typically, project's that I have been involved in like this take anywhere from six-months on a funded fast-track, to 16-months. Any thoughts?

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Barry's Total cost of the Five minute video done by Joe Friedman & Alex Rachel above on the Southampton Historical Museum in Southampton, NY and the Artifact Detecting Team I believe was 11 thousand dollars, All covered by one very generouse sponsor.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread