TapTalk SPAM

DizzyDigger

Gold Member
Dec 9, 2012
Concrete, WA
Detector(s) used
Nokta FoRs Gold, a Gold Cube, 2 Keene Sluices and Lord only knows how many pans....not to mention a load of other gear my wife still doesn't know about!
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Checked my email this morning and had a SPAM message
from some company called TapTalk. It was telling me (with pics)
about all the exciting threads I'm "missing" on TNet.

TNet didn't send this...TapTalk did, and I had to unsubscribe
from their list to stop receiving their spam.

Admin: Not sure how they got my email addy via TNet, but could
you look into this?

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got that email, too. I don't even own a cell phone, or a potato, or an empty soda can...... :laughing7:

I liked not getting spammed to death from tnet, now........ :dontknow:

Just remember: NEVER CLICK ON ANY PICS OR LINKS IN EMAILS!
You never know who is sending them, I've had REAL looking emails come from even Paypal, that I've had to forward to their spoof dept.
Be safe and be careful.

Sod Buster

Jun 14, 2014
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, White's Bullseye TRX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the same e-mail at 5:21 this morning. Didn't look at it closely, just assumed it was from T-Net. Glad I didn't click on any links.

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sidewinder Umax, Garrett ATPro, Minelab Equinox 800, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got it too. I just deleted it. If it gets sent again, I will make some complaints.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone may be farming/plowing forum foundrys' forums, and/or they sell and/or allow certain spammers access to their forums/members/etc.....

I say this because, I have noticed, if I click on a thread in regards to home repairs (for instance), I then get spam emails from roofers and home improvement companies(don't know how they get my email). :dontknow:

If you click on that thread about "why dating services and wife from Russia) ads showing, you will get dating service spams. :BangHead:

They keep asking, why I don't get a wife!? I would LOVE to have a wife! :laughing7:
Someone to clean, cook, shop, all that cwap, I really don't wanna be bothered with...... :laughing7:

They don't care, they are not even targeting the proper demographics/market...... guess they are subscribing, to the "shotgun" effect....... :laughing7:

I just never click anything in my emails....... and that's all, folks...... :laughing7:

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Foundry does not sell or give access to TreasureNet emails... I will report it to admins...

Posted From My $50 Tablet....

Last edited:

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Someone may be farming/plowing forum foundrys' forums, and/or they sell and/or allow certain spammers access to their forums/members/etc.....

I say this because, I have noticed, if I click on a thread in regards to home repairs (for instance), I then get spam emails from roofers and home improvement companies(don't know how they get my email). :dontknow:

If you click on that thread about "why dating services and wife from Russia) ads showing, you will get dating service spams. :BangHead:

They keep asking, why I don't get a wife!? I would LOVE to have a wife! :laughing7:
Someone to clean, cook, shop, all that cwap, I really don't wanna be bothered with...... :laughing7:

They don't care, they are not even targeting the proper demographics/market...... guess they are subscribing, to the "shotgun" effect....... :laughing7:

I just never click anything in my emails....... and that's all, folks...... :laughing7:

Same thing here. My email has been blowing up with spam and they are all related to different topics I clicked on via the app

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Same thing here. My email has been blowing up with spam and they are all related to different topics I clicked on via the app

It could be it is put out auto generated by the TN website, not spam just updates on topics you have read....

I have posted on admin forum, waiting for a response.

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh ty, it's not just me! Whew..... I always worry, is it just me? :icon_scratch: :laughing7:

I don't have a cell phone, tapatalk thingy, or even know how to get a tapatalk thingy, as I will not download anything, without being 500% sure. Even then, I usually have to enlists my carriers help.
I don't think, my computer, could give itself a tapatalk, or download it without me knowing...... :icon_scratch:
who knows...... :tongue3: :laughing7: that's why I keep my camera covered, when not in use..... :laughing7:

Thanks and good luck TH. Hope it ain't no big issuance.

(eta: I don't think I'm set to auto-generate notices. less (email/spam) is more (time).)

Last edited:

Turbo21

Bronze Member
Jun 24, 2014
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Eurotek pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It could be it is put out auto generated by the TN website, not spam just updates on topics you have read....

I have posted on admin forum, waiting for a response.

I think you misunderstood me. The spam emails are relevant to some of the posts I read. I also got the Russian bride spams. But I clicked on a thread about boats. And what do you know. I get a spam email about yachts. Someone is mining the data from somewhere
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1421261472.682102.jpg

John Winter

Aug 23, 2014
England
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Looked 'official' to me, but I zapped it anyway.
Spam ... don't want Tapatalk ... heard too many negative things about it!

Last edited:

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ha, my email had a pic of some of frank n's artwork on it! Go figure.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It has slowly been going on for a month and everyone is working on it. No one wants spam. We work hard at deleting spam so .. you know how we feel.

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
It is coming from TN, no way they are paying someone to send them, I bet software has recently been updated and it is auto generated by software....

Still waiting to hear from admins..

SeabeeRon

Bronze Member
Aug 5, 2007
Santa Cruz, CA.
Detector(s) used
ML Sov GT; Whites MXT & Surf PI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you misunderstood me. The spam emails are relevant to some of the posts I read. I also got the Russian bride spams. But I clicked on a thread about boats. And what do you know. I get a spam email about yachts. Someone is mining the data from somewhere
View attachment 1105957

I got the one John showed in his post. Thought it was a function of TNet wanting me to use TapaTalk when on my iPhone or iPad?!?

CoinHunterAZ

Feb 18, 2013
Flagstaff, AZ
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I use tapatalk to view TN and a couple other forums on my I-Phone, but I have never set up an account or given them my email address. It's just a free app that helps forum viewing from a smart phone. I unsubscribed successfully, so I don't expect to get any more...I hope.

Tnmountains

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 27, 2009
South East Tennessee on Ga, Ala line
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Conquistador freq shift
Fisher F75
Garrett AT-Pro
Garet carrot
Neodymium magnets
5' Probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Is it showing from T-Net or Tapatalk? My spam dumpster had already dumped mine. I think mine was from Tapa-talk and not T-net. It was spam regardless.

Bob207

Jul 4, 2014
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/AT Pro
Garrett AT Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got the same one today. The sender is TreasureNet.com(via Tapatalk)[email protected] if that helps any.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread