tearing up ron lords beach with goldenwater

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Wow!!! Nice finds! Is that gold one a ring or an earring in the second pic? It looks cool! I havent been out for weeks! Been busy. I did make it out in Savannah GA at Tybee Island and wasted my time at low tide at the pier beach. Didnt find anything for an hour working way out and working back and forth. Didnt find anything until I went to high tide mark (500 feet from edge of super low tide mark.) just a bunch of clad.

Lorrain.

Apr 29, 2011
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT & Minelab Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Snooksion....you are on a roll! :headbang:

Those are gorgeous finds!! :hello2:

Keep 'em comin!

Lorraine

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Now thats the kind of day i want... one that keeps you smiling ALL day.

Dew

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That many tickets in one trip gets a wow from me

Jonnie

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
excel 1000 with 8 inch coil, Garrett AT MAX and a silver U MAX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dave, why don't you tell everyone where you realy found those rings,because you didn't find them in Ron Lord's beaches because Red tide in the area is so bad it's killing fish and birds all over the plase.You got to be a fool to go in the water down here !!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
S

snooksion

Dec 16, 2011
Primary Interest:
Other
yes we were there, and contrary to popular belief.red tide is harmless to humans unless you have braething problems.or if you pick up the rotten mullet there and gnaw on them like beef jerky :tongue3:

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Whites Surfmaster PI Pro and Whites Surfmaster PI, Minelab Excal NY blue sword. 2 White's Dual field pi, Garrett sea hunter pi II (but don't use it for obvious reasons) 5' x 3 1/2' coil underwater Pi
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Oh, that is why I have been seeing some mullet in their last few minutes of life around here, and the tons of turkey vultures in the trees around my boat. I figured they had roed out and where dying like salmon, but I hadnt seen that before. I didnt think redtide. The commercial cast netters are still hitting them hard. Must not be as bad here in Sarasota as down there. I guess the State is still dumping phosphate into Tampa Bay. Last time they did it for 3 years and we had the worst red tide ever, and it lasted for 3 years. Killed millions of fish and many sea turtles and dolphins. They started dumping this summer, and there have only been a few bad but small localized red tides. Most down toward Boca Grande. Now down South farther. Too bad Mote Marine is in the States pocket and says this is normal.

stpauli914

Jun 7, 2011
Gulf Coast FL
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 2, Minelab Sovereign GT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I was wondering which beaches Ron Lord owned? Do you have to get a lease from him? Are his beaches really worth hunting? As far as I knew, most beaches could be hunted freely in the state of Florida. :dontknow:

Aaron

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I didn't know I owned any beach,I have already told Dave it's first come on all beach ,but Dave still hasn't grown up yet, he is still playing kid games.

dewcon4414

Bronze Member
Mar 22, 2006
Gulf Coast, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MDT, Nox, Blue Xcals and CTX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a guy yesterday tell me he had been down there and had never had breathing problems but noticed his lungs burning. Dont expect a visit from me in the near future. Its like the flu..... we just had it a while back on our beaches and dont want it again.

Dew

pat-tekker-cat

Gold Member
Feb 23, 2011
S. Fl.
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal II, Garrett, Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep, Ron has some pretty good beaches! I was able to plunder one of them months back! Thanks for that! LOL! :laughing7:

Real sorry to hear the red tide is back. Many years ago, fishing off Bokeelia, Jug Creek areas, red tide was real bad.
It stained the bottom of my white aluminum hull flats boat. To this day, I swear I can still see a faint line, where it stained it. :o

Ok, It's hazardous to other marine life and mammals, but it won't hurt humans lungs? Did I miss something here? :tard:

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Pat, the brownish stains are from the backwater freshwater and it stains boats. There is some things that will take it right off. I use a product from Home Depot that is a rust stain remover, I dont know the name but it is a powder that you mix with water, and takes the stain right off. I get it when I cross the state to go to the Bahamas, and go through the Calosahatchee and Lake Okeechobee and St Lucie waterway. It makes a big brown stain on the front of the hull and on the swim platform. And yes, red tide can cause lung and throat irritation. Especially when it is rough and fine spray is in the air when the red tide is bad. When it is calm, it usually isnt bad, except for the rotting fish and smell of algae bloom. If the State didnt dump phosphate sludge at the Piney Point Phosphate plant, just South of Tampa into Tampa Bay, it wouldnt do this in the winter, that is unheard of. It will be a red tide as long as they dump it. Its terrible and it causes a lot of tourists to not come back I am sure.

baywalker

Bronze Member
Aug 24, 2011
Southwest Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett & Fisher
Minelab Excaliber II
Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
stevemc said:
Pat, the brownish stains are from the backwater freshwater and it stains boats. There is some things that will take it right off. I use a product from Home Depot that is a rust stain remover, I dont know the name but it is a powder that you mix with water, and takes the stain right off. I get it when I cross the state to go to the Bahamas, and go through the Calosahatchee and Lake Okeechobee and St Lucie waterway. It makes a big brown stain on the front of the hull and on the swim platform. And yes, red tide can cause lung and throat irritation. Especially when it is rough and fine spray is in the air when the red tide is bad. When it is calm, it usually isnt bad, except for the rotting fish and smell of algae bloom. If the State didnt dump phosphate sludge at the Piney Point Phosphate plant, just South of Tampa into Tampa Bay, it wouldnt do this in the winter, that is unheard of. It will be a red tide as long as they dump it. Its terrible and it causes a lot of tourists to not come back I am sure.
Stevemc the stain you are talking about is minerals in the water I git it all the time and I don't go in fresh water . there is a product called on and off that work's real good. All those dead mullet we are seeing here are because of the way that the commercial fisherman throw back the male mullet because all they want is the females for there eggs

Jonnie

OBN

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2008
Maryland Waters
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
"Excalibur"..
"AQ" Impulse
Primary Interest:
Other
Nice haul Snooksion....Enjoy seeing your post again...

Being the pyrate I am...........You may want to take down the one pic 0981, gives away your hunting location, took that with your Palm Pre, may want to turn your GPS tracking Off...

Attachments

• Obn.jpg
    Obn.jpg
    115 KB · Views: 585

stevemc

Bronze Member
Feb 12, 2005
Sarasota, FL
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Yep Jonnie on and off works great, but it cost much more. And no wonder I only have been seeing skinny male mullet.

ron lord

Bronze Member
Apr 2, 2007
Zephyrhills Fl
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Dave , Gulfside City Park on Sanibel is about 50 miles North from were I live .So I guess this makes you a lyer again !!!!!!!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions