Teknetics G2 VS Fisher F75

rjsupersonic

Aug 5, 2011
Detector(s) used
Sand Shark /10.5 Fisher F75LTD, X-Terra 705 Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would like to see a head to head comparison of the Teknetics G2 Vs the Fisher F75. Any comments on these detectors would be appreciated as well. I have the F75 LTD and love it but am really diggin the design of the G2 especially the easy to read format and clean look ..... Thanks

the g2 is not as deep..only downfall. g2 runs very very smooth,very good in iron infested yards,very easy to ground balance. i really like the g2 alot better than most machines. yes the clean look is great too..nice big numbers..

I agree, if they could combine the look of the G2 with the battery life and depth of the F75 It would be the perfect machine in my opinion. I'm getting older and like the big numbers simple screen of the G2.

how much difference is there in the depth? I like the G2 and the G2+, but I would hate to sacrifice too much depth. I'm pretty much just a relic hunter, but I always disc out all the low end iron. I would get the F75, but I don't like the extra batteries, added weight, and the location of the headphone jack and volume knob.

the g2 is not as deep..only downfall. g2 runs very very smooth,very good in iron infested yards,very easy to ground balance. i really like the g2 alot better than most machines. yes the clean look is great too..nice big numbers..

I would like to see a head to head comparison of the Teknetics G2 Vs the Fisher F75. Any comments on these detectors would be appreciated as well. I have the F75 LTD and love it but am really diggin the design of the G2 especially the easy to read format and clean look ..... Thanks

Comparing these two machines is like comparing a Sand wedge to a Nine iron. Doesn't work. The G2 is a nugget hunter at 19kHz, while the F75 is a coin shooter at 13kHz.

G2+ if your mostly looming fo relics. It is amazing at pulling stuff out of iron.

Terry nailed it, pay attention to him, he knows what he is talking about.. :icon_thumright:

after some reading, it looks like the G2 is basically the same thing as the Fisher Gold Bug.

F75 has many modes, for many hunts. Light enough to swing all day, big vdi screen and 2 buttons will put you on target for all its options. The new LTD2 upgrade does make the detector run smoother and made it very sensitive. One of my hunting buddy's runs a T2, and we cant hunt withing 20 feet of each other. like the BP process for checking those deep iffy signals. But Terry said it best. You want the detector fir the job. If your gonna hunt nuggets, get a nugget machine. But I hunt a lot and do different hunts. I run two detectors depending on the hunt. As for depth, I buried a small glass jar of pennies at 16" inched in my back yard for a test garden. It will go deeper depending on soil and target. But seriously do you really wanna dig 100 16 inch holes in a day?

I owned an f75ltd for some time and done well with it.....it is a versatile machine and very deep/powerful. The F75 is also no slouch when it comes to seperation and speed. However, i now own a new G2+ ltd and this machine will even edge out the F75 when it comes too pulling good targets out of heavy iron trash. I also prefer the controls and layout over the f75....i also like that the backlight can be turned off. I would give the F75 the edge for the coin hunter and the G2+ the edge for the relic hunter.

Digger!

a"fair and balanced" post. However I much prefer the balance of the F75' the battery case under the armrest make she whole thing like a rapier - and I used to fence (badly).

I have used the G2 on the Thames foreshore its ok some spot was too much for it while the Scout(compare with sens) was doing better BUT i liked the look ,it is quite versatile (you can use it on the beach)but its smoothness is the price to pay for his reactivity target separation and lack of depth......like a computerised version of the lobo...

RR

The guys saying it's just a,nugget hunter are as wrong as they can be. It hunts coins and relics with the best of them and better than most in iron.

I wonder what the differences are between the G2 and F75. I know there is like 500 presets on a F75. Tuning is like horse shoes and hand grenades. The F75 seems to do well on low power and with disc. Have not seen any machine duplicate the F75. I have tried to mess it up. While performance is enhanced the more you tweak the F75, you better know what your hunting for or dig targets at 5 inches or less. Course digging iron at 14 inches all day makes for a long day. But don't know about the G2.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

My partner who hunts with me uses a G2 I have used a F75 and more recently the F-70 (I got rid of the F75) I like the F70 interface better, just me. The G2 will go deep but it depends on the ground your hunting. The G2 does not like salt or animal feces.
The G2 gets its system from some gold machines at first Texas. The lineage is of Gold Bug, Gold Bug Pro and F22 and such. Great relic machine, and will do real good on the Gold nugget end too. As I mentioned I prefer the F-70 interface and it is similar in layout to the G2
The G2 will go deep, take your time and listen to the machine.
The key note differences are not as great as you think between the F75 and G2 but remember these are two totally separate ended machines.
Apples to Oranges!
Good luck stay gold!!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back