What's new

Teller tray score-Proofs & a question

ronbo22

Sr. Member
Joined
Oct 31, 2008
Messages
410
Reaction score
20
Golden Thread
0
Location
Florida
Teller tray score-Proofs & a question

Went to my bank today for a second try at quarters-skunk :'( (Despite your recommendation Rich, I may give up on them since I only can only get $500/day and I like to get at least one silver/day).While she was getting the bag a notices 4 super shiney halves in the tray and when she came back she said that she thought they were from mint sets. They are 2006S (X2), 2007S and 2008S gem proofs. she also said she had about 10 dollars that wree the same way. A quick scan showed them to be presidential and sacagawea proofs. I didn't get the dollars cause I was out of money. My question is would you go back to get them for resale value as opposed to collector interest?
 
Upvote 0
Re: Teller tray score-Proofs & a question

if your money is tight i would pass on the impaired proofs and just stick to hunting for silver. resale is shot when they are cracked out. i have some but i keep them because i like them, and i don't have any realistic hopes of ever selling them for a profit.
 
Re: Teller tray score-Proofs & a question

I'd jump all over the new proofs at 50 cents each!

Unless they are terribly scratched up get them! Heck, I'll pay double face :)
 
Re: Teller tray score-Proofs & a question

scotty1418 said:
I'd jump all over the new proofs at 50 cents each!

Unless they are terribly scratched up get them! Heck, I'll pay double face :)

I took the halves and they are gem. The dollars are too. Would you get them?
 
Re: Teller tray score-Proofs & a question

You can never lose buying at face value. Take them home, maybe you could put a free listing in the classifieds on the forum and trade for something you like better. JP
 
Re: Teller tray score-Proofs & a question

I'd grab them all - don't see the dollars that often.

Maine_Jim
 
Re: Teller tray score-Proofs & a question

Jim,

Banks here are loaded with the dollars. The local car wash only takes dollar coins and they have a machine where you feed in the paper and get the dollar coins.
 
Re: Teller tray score-Proofs & a question

Yes, get them.

Mojo
 
Re: Teller tray score-Proofs & a question

Rich Hartford said:
Jim,

Banks here are loaded with the dollars. The local car wash only takes dollar coins and they have a machine where you feed in the paper and get the dollar coins.

I went and got them they were Washingtom Adams Jefferson Monroe Jackson and Vanburen Proofs. there were also 2 2006S and a 2008s Sacagawea Proofs
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom